• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Pump Leak

rneely

Small drops blowing from bottom of water pump when engine is running. Lowest water pump bolt is wet with anti freeze and I have tightened it but it still blows small drops. Do you think it is a bad gasket or is the pump leaking? What happens when a pump goes bad, a shaft seal leaks, a bearing leaks? If I replace the gasket, should I also replace the pump as long as I am that far into repairs? Really don't want to replace parts that are ok. Thanks for your input.IMG_3006.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On most water pumps there's a weep hole on bottom of pump when it starts leaking there time for new pump.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
look at pump with a mirror or inspection scope. leaks from the weep hole are the most common and will leave a stain so it is obvious where it came from. time for a new pump, look around, $50 to $80 should buy one.