• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Pump

brow7392

I need to install a new water pump in my M885. It's my understanding that the radiator and water pump are heavy duty (as if the truck had AC) The only pump i can purchase locally has the same number of impellers (8) but they aren't as big overall. The parts store doesn't even have the heavy duty water pump that is the same size to order in. My question is do you think it would matter to have the 8 impeller pump on it even though the impeller blades are a bit smaller? I think it would be fine because it doesn't have AC, i would lose a little cooling ability but i'm not sure if the difference would be enough to worry about. Thanks for the input.

Westech

CPL
order the correct one off the net like from Napa, Autozone, anyplace. Only takes 2 or 3 days to get the correct part. I would try to keep the correct pump in there if I could.

papercu

M885 that the two wheel drive? Depends on how you plan to use it, if you are just going up and down the highways I don't see how you are going to hurt it by buying a local pump.
Now if you are hauling a 30' boat and going up and down mountains I would get a new HD radiator, new HD hoses, new HD belts, new HD tranny cooler, new HD water pump and then buy a new Chevy to haul the boat. :-D Wayne

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M88x series is 4x4
M89x series is 4x2
I have been running a std water pump in my m880 without issue for a couple years, yet I haven't towed much over 8000lbs with it. :wink:

It's been a while but I was thinking they either 5 (std) or 7 (hd) blades.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks