• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water purification truck

jimwc12

im looking at makeing an m35 purchase. i found a m35 water purification truck, i like the way the cargo box is laid out. works perfect for what i need to use it for but its priced a bit higher than a standard cargo truck. are these units pretty rare to justify spending the extra money?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it's one one of the rarest M35 variants. I know of one in Michigan. If it suits your needs then I suppose it's worth the extra money. How much is the seller asking?

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the back is empty it's not worth that much more than a regular truck to a true collector. There is lots of aluminum in the back when it's complete. Is this a 1500 or 3000 gallon unit? Pics would be nice. The box is very unique with a side door and the entire left side opens. Chassis wise it's nearly identical as a cargo truck of the same wheelbase with the exception of the front lift kit attached to the hubs.

Bill W

I bought my purification truck for less then what cargos were going for being nobody really wants them. I was going to make mine into a camper but later pulled the unit ( 8000lbs ) and put a cargo bed on it. The nice thing about specialty vehicles like the purification truck is that they usually have very low miles on them ( mine had 6700 mile on the speedo when I bought it ) Heres a pic of theday I was pulling the purification unit off of it
purificationtruck.jpg

Attachments

M725

I have one, I haven't done much to It. I tried to sale it a while back nobody wanted it? It runs great. I'm thinking about just keeping it. It came with 2 pumps the box has a oil fire heater and a winch on the front which they all came with.
I start taking cutting the stuff out of the back. I was was thinking the same thing, making a camper out of it or just using it for hauling stuff I don't want to get wet.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone wants one of these, there is a ERDLator body sitting in the back lot of Colemans, still has all the water purification equipment in it.

jimwc12

the asking price is $10.000, and it comes with an m105 trailer. the filtration equip. has been removed, but the fuel heater is functioning and the box is intact and functioning. the truck does have some rust issues(dont they all) but nothing serious. it is drivable and functional. it is my plan to use this for towing and camping, are the mft's good pullers? are the transmissions overdrives or is 5th 1 to 1? has anyone checked fuel mileage on the mft's on deisel vs othor fuels-blends?
im a ww2 vehicle guy, im afraid i dont know a lot about m35's, but after reading some posts on ss,im learning more about them, thanks gents. jim.
'

Bill W

$10k is pretty steep price even with trailer.
I drove my purification truck from Virginia to So.Fla ( 998 miles ) down I-95 at 52 mph and averaged 10 mpg.

jimwc12

i've got the price down to $7000.00, sounds a lot better to me. took another look at it today,made sure everything works,and it does. aside from some minor rust and a few cracking tires it's in fine shape.

PsycoBob

7K isn't insane, given deuce prices lately. My water-purification body is slowly becoming an RV, but it's taking a while. If the lower hinge on the side panel is in good condition, you may even be able to open the entire side- mine is rusted enough that I'm not sure it'd survive.

They have a little more room than a standard 109 body, with that overhang. You lose a bit of headroom from the humps over the wheelwells on the interior. Mine looks slightly different from Bill W's- lifting shackles were on the roof, directly above where his slings go in his first pic.

jimwc12

i did go look at a cargo truck, just for comparison. 2500.00 truck, needs tires and brake work,heater,wipers, some guages non functional, fuel and oil leaks, lots of items "rigged" but still a good truck for the money. i have to ask myself, is a truck that has none of these issues a better value?

M725

7K isn't insane, given deuce prices lately. My water-purification body is slowly becoming an RV, but it's taking a while. If the lower hinge on the side panel is in good condition, you may even be able to open the entire side- mine is rusted enough that I'm not sure it'd survive.

They have a little more room than a standard 109 body, with that overhang. You lose a bit of headroom from the humps over the wheelwells on the interior. Mine looks slightly different from Bill W's- lifting shackles were on the roof, directly above where his slings go in his first pic.
Where were you when I was sale mine for 1/2 the price

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the one that was at Colemans. This is the good side, the other side has some of the aluminum body sheathing ripped off it. The internals are still there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks