• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC 56 Hood Number ?

cavalrydave153

Relatively new to the forum. Posted questions about my Ben Hur here and got lots of real good help. Thank you to all that replied. Now I have questions about hood numbers for my WC-56. Build Card shows the old girl was built on 12 Feb 1944, VIN 81689683. Looking for estimate on hood registration number, or at least a range for hood number. I have heard there are people out there who have extrapolated numbers based on known real examples. However, I can't seem to locate them. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave.

juan15

Very good Dave.

Given the wc-57 and wc-56 that were delivered in 1944 and since your vehicle is from mid-February, I believe that the military registration number is 20463428 (hood number), with a tolerance of +/- 500.

Your wc-56 is the Contract Number, W-374-ORD-6322, Prod. Order Number, T-8351, that in 1944 delivered 3260 units of the WC-56 model, between January and April 1944 (end of production).

This is an opinion of mine, which may be wrong. We don't have enough data to say exactly the hood number.

B.R., Juan.

Last edited:

cavalrydave153

Very good Dave.

Given the wc-57 and wc-56 that were delivered in 1944 and since your vehicle is from mid-February, I believe that the military registration number is 20463428 (hood number), with a tolerance of +/- 500.

Your wc-56 is the Contract Number, W-374-ORD-6322, Prod. Order Number, T-8351, that in 1944 delivered 3260 units of the WC-56 model, between January and April 1944.

This is an opinion of mine, which may be wrong. We don't have enough data to say exactly the hood number.

B.R., Juan.
Many MANY thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks