• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We are the kiddies we have the techno we can not be Beat!

dmetalmiki

So in the barn where we store military "things" we have one guy who wont pay rent..owes 6 months! everyone frets as to what to to...(and) just HOW do we get that friggin boat out out? We WILL (could) shift it sais the I (and my lad)..but but but goes the chorus..Well a quote of £1200 (from a contractor) quickly silences comment..and so out come the trusy M62 and with .125 (yes 1/8 inch) we remove the thing. and here is the link to it. (sorry its long winded I didnt take the shot obviously)...and here are some still pics of the event.

http://youtu.be/xy1Buglg1okWill it wont it.jpgONLY JUST.jpgRussian steering traction.jpgM62 steering assist.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp, you need to convert to the metric system to understand this.

He is saying there was 1/8" of clearance, during the boat removal.

dmetalmiki

this is the imperial system of measurement (as) .125=1/8 125 thou'...the challenge was to get a lift clear of the floor for the cradle and also miss the door jam on the way out..it was very close..it was difficult getting "steering way" with boom out so far...however mssion was accomplished and I wish we could send that boat over the water as it is only one of two in existance and is very rare.

jedawson1

Can you tell us more about the boat hull? Where its from, what makes it rare? I enjoy reading sailing books, it started with a Brit...Joshua Slocum reading his book when I was a young man.

dmetalmiki

The boat is rare as the famouse builders of it no longer exist. there is a fully restored one in existance. clinker built and it has an enginein it and as it has been removed from our storage place (rent arrears) it is for sale, I believe it wants re-"caulking"? I will find more info toady.