• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We have been cut off.

Carlo

I was attending a rally with the 923 Sunday and coming down our Valle ( one way in and one way out) I found the tunnel blocked with 8 meters of mud, rocks, and trees. They say up to 2 weeks to clear the mess and build a retaining wall. A temporary road will be finished in a few days.

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's crazy! Hope no one was hurt, but 2 weeks to clear and open the "only" road in?! ouch... Hope you brought some snacks!

Carlo

Fortunately I was on the home side of the tunnel but all the big towns and my kids school are on the other side. They say 2 weeks to open because the slide is still flowing for it's still raining and will continue for another week. This morning our 3 little grocery stores were emptied in 1 hour! The 4 gas stations closed in 3 hours for everyone bought out their fuel! I'm good for weeks for I'm kind of a prepper. Plus the temp road will be open in a few days.

WRMorrison

Well, at least you're well-prepared; you're already ahead of 95% of your neighbors. Here's to hoping that the wait to get your travel route open is uneventful...

-WRM

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure like hearing from Carlo and what is going on across the pond in Italia.
It makes me believe that Palazzago, Italia has got to be one very interesting place to live.

Good luck on the road opening and glad no one was hurt.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't you just drive over that little hill in your FV432 or one of your trucks? Make a beer run (or wine run?) in your APC and be the hero of the town!

Kind of fun being in extraordinary circumstances like that. Good thing you're prepared. Hope your neighbors are as forward thinking as you are and everything turns out alright.

Stein12501

Carlo your suppose to be plowing snow from the roads not digging out mud slides. I think we have all of your snow here in Missouri. Glad everything and everyone is ok. Take care my friend.

Carlo

Thanks all. Your a good lot!The temp road is oPen this morning. But I think it will be months before the original road will re open. The top of the tunnel roof is 12 meters high. The mud went into the tunnel 1000 meters. But they won't re open till a retaining wall can be built. Snow. ZERO this year. I have not started a Plow truck motor. Incredible!Thanks all of you.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good you came after the fact, anybody in that tunnel at the time it happened? Amazing how much an on first sight not so big mudslide can do for damage. Surprising though that the heavy stuff went so deep into the tunnel.

Another Ahab

Thanks all. Your a good lot!The temp road is oPen this morning. But I think it will be months before the original road will re open. The top of the tunnel roof is 12 meters high. The mud went into the tunnel 1000 meters. But they won't re open till a retaining wall can be built. Snow. ZERO this year. I have not started a Plow truck motor. Incredible!Thanks all of you.
Why all that mud now, and never before? There has to be some variable involved, at least one, that wasn't part of the equation before. Logging going on above?

What would make all of that soil "decide" to come down now?

Carlo

Why all that mud now, and never before? There has to be some variable involved, at least one, that wasn't part of the equation before. Logging going on above?

What would make all of that soil "decide" to come down now?
The man who owns that land had cut tress just weeks before but it has rained almost every day for 3 weeks. We never get rain, always snow and the ground is soaked.
The material went in the tunnel for it is gradually going down hill so the mud just flowed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks