• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We may have a WC 41 here?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother has wanted a Dodge Flat Fender to restore for some time now. He wanted a WW2 vehicle. Well, since he and I have done so much together with the current vehicles...the purchase of this 1942 Dodge flat fender should be an adventure.

We are picking up the truck in the middle of April and will then be able to check the frame number etc. and determine 100% what we have. The WC41 was made with the cab only and rear dually tires which is what this vehicle has. The army specified what body it wanted, or put whatever body they wanted onto the vehicle. This truck appears to have a 1.5 ton trailer bed on the back and has a nice winch up front.

Well...my brother has his wish and now that he and I are in the middle of restoring a 1943 GPW we will now take on the sprucing up of this newly acquired flat fender.

We will try to post the jeep and flat fender progress as we both stumble along the O.D. trail.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mythical DUKWAO...

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is this truck bed from? Any assistance is appreciated.

I have tried a zillion sources to figure out what bed is on the truck my brother purchased in this thread. Sine the truck will be picked up on 4-21-2015 I only have the pictures to go by. The strange thing is the 5 slanted side rail support beams on the bed. I usually see those on dump truck beds?

kinohio

Old thread but this is not how it was "supposed" to be for a WC41 215 series. It should have all round guages. Looks like a cab replacement to me from a 2wd truck of that era. Crank out windshield and Core support bar mounts on the cab are 2wd. Military cab brackets are on 45 degrees as opposed to nearly flat. It has 1940 - 1947 doors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks