• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weapons mount question

depdog1

Hello Guys,
Got a weapons mount question. I had my M2HB .50 mounted on my M1043 turret with the large diameter pintle just fine. Well a good friend gave me a gunners shield last week as a gift, after a quick CARC job I got it mounted. Bad news is the pintle opening on the shield is much smaller then the 50 mount I have. Does anyone know if they make an adapter for my old (larger) pintle andif so where can I find one? I attached some pics in case I confused everyone.

Attachments

BLK HMMWV

You need a MK-64 cradle with a set of adapters for the M2. You might be able to use a MK-19 cradle with the same rear adapter for the M2
Or a MK-93 cradle and that baby will set you back a few beans.
I have seen another shield with a built in MK-23 cradle but I'm not sure what it's MK # is.
BH

Last edited:

depdog1

Thanks BH,
Anyone have any of these needed parts for sale, please let me know.
Thanks,
DC

wsucougarx

Can you post a pic of the actual assy that the vertical post mounts to? I've got the exact same setup that I'm going to modify to fit a M939 truck. Just need to see what I need;-)

BLK HMMWV

The riser (vertical piece) some times referred to as the UPA ( Universal Pintle Adapter) slides down into the horizonal piece some times referred to as the weapons tray
It looks like a delta wing or triangle.
There are several different styles.
The first gen was kind of rounded and formed out of sheetmetal welded together.
The second gen. is referred to as a swiss cheese mount by some.
It is made out of steel and is more flat the sides have round holes cut in them like swiss cheese.
Both require a K shapped support piece that mounts to the under side of the turret inside the vehicle.
The first gen used a k shaped bracket formed out of sheetmetal pieces formed together and welded with bushing like pieces.
The second or newer style K bar is cast or formed from a solid piece of material.
This is for a HMMWV type ring.
I'm not sure what ring your going to use on the M923.
Doesn't it use the M66 ring?

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would call the vertical piece a uptube or bearing sleeve, not a UPA. The UPA adapts large to small pintle and provides a T&E bar.

BLK HMMWV

Ok I'll go with that.
I called it the riser , the UPA fit's into it. From his picture he has a UPA missing the back half (T&E Bar) and the riser . But I think the last question I was trying to reply to was what they all fit into and that I called the weapons tray.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my MK19 on the MK64, waht you have is the MK64 Mount, which is used for the M2 and MK19, the M2 requires a rear adapter, available for 50.00 or less on Gun Broker, the UPA "Universal Pintle adapter" and the Pintle Riser.

I also have the MK93, the difference is that the MK93 has recoil buffers built in so it doesn't rip the mount apart...and the HMMWV turret Bearing as well.
The MK93 does not require the Adapters for the M2.

And Yes, your are missing the rear Travel Lock, thats the Fork looking thingy on the lower rear.....Also required..I forgot to mention..is the T&E Mechanism that is used on the M3 Tripod....the MK19 Pic I provided does not need it, teh travel lock is built into the Mount.

Attachments

Last edited: