• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weare NH Merrimack Valley Rally July

SteveKuhn

Art: Thanks. Still trying to get in touch w/ Alex to make sure he'll make 'em fit for me. I should know before too long. Hope he'll do it and that I'm not too late. I'll let you know.

Steve

acesneights1

The only bad part about going up to Weare is I don't want to leave NH. How did I never find it before I moved to the People's Republic of Komneticut...
The fuse has been lit since last year to move.

Katahdin

Made it, spent the last couple hours checking vendors, trucks and jeeps out. 108 miles no issues. Lots of vendors here, more on the way. Come on down!!

20140725_151357.jpgit

20140725_152412.jpg

Last edited:
Look for me Mid-morning-ish. I'll have the M116A2 and the MEP-002A just in case anyone is in the market for a generator. I'll also be looking for a couple turn/brake bulbs if anyone happens to be selling them.

Here are some pictures from the day (Saturday). Had a great time and talked to some awesome guys, thanks Matt for the big truck trail ride it was tons of fun!

Attachments

acesneights1

Look for me Mid-morning-ish. I'll have the M116A2 and the MEP-002A just in case anyone is in the market for a generator. I'll also be looking for a couple turn/brake bulbs if anyone happens to be selling them.
I never saw it...Too bad. Did you see what that M105 went for in the auction ? I friggin cried...

acesneights1

Hopefully Vintage Iron has some more pics from the Big truck Trail ride. It was fun.
Also I understand there is a Rally with camping in North Kingston RI Sept 6-7.
I'm gonna go.

acesneights1

Picked up some stuff. Got a nice NOS windshied for the Deuce. I was 25$ short and the gentleman let me mail him the difference. Got a NOS bumper for the M1008, a trailer cable and some BDU stuff. Still crying over that trailer though...
The two ice ream runs were good too and my son got a ride in the Scorpion tank as well as one of the tractors.
Also thanks to the guy (forgot your name) who took my son in that wicked cool 5 ton crewcab. That truck was awesome.
Bottom line, I left broke and happy.

Picked up some stuff. Got a nice NOS windshied for the Deuce. I was 25$ short and the gentleman let me mail him the difference. Got a NOS bumper for the M1008, a trailer cable and some BDU stuff. Still crying over that trailer though...
The two ice ream runs were good too and my son got a ride in the Scorpion tank as well as one of the tractors.
Also thanks to the guy (forgot your name) who took my son in that wicked cool 5 ton crewcab. That truck was awesome.
Bottom line, I left broke and happy.
That was Jeep Nasty if I'm not mistaken, great guy and wicked awesome truck. I got to talk to him about the build and and his sweet Behr paint job. :drool:

Vintage iron

Yup, that was Jeepnasty in his M923A2 four door. Martincox was there with his Scorpion tank and his M915. Howard was nice enough to let me borrow his M916A2 for a while ;) . I noticed a big drop in attendance this year. There were more big venders this year, but no smokin deals. I really enjoy getting to see all of the character that make the show great.

I am looking forward to "the Rhode Island military Vehicle Collectors Club show" the club really worked on improving their show this year. They have a new bigger location, camping, more food venders and even a trail ride. Their show is Sept. 6-7. Great to see a club that wants to make their show better and attract new young members.

acesneights1

Yup, that was Jeepnasty in his M923A2 four door. Martincox was there with his Scorpion tank and his M915. Howard was nice enough to let me borrow his M916A2 for a while ;) . I noticed a big drop in attendance this year. There were more big venders this year, but no smokin deals. I really enjoy getting to see all of the character that make the show great.

I am looking forward to "the Rhode Island military Vehicle Collectors Club show" the club really worked on improving their show this year. They have a new bigger location, camping, more food venders and even a trail ride. Their show is Sept. 6-7. Great to see a club that wants to make their show better and attract new young members.
I had missed that part. even better...;)
It's my son's birthday that weekend. I think we will bring a few kids and make a Bday party out of it.
Funny it did seem a little lighter this year on attendance but for some reason even despite the breakdowns I had a better time and it went too quick. Maybe it's because I knew more people this year.
On a side note we got in some nice riding at the Hoptkinton Everett riding area although the trails were a bit rough for an 8 yr old on a 90, he did really good. Even crossed a brook.
I may head back up in August for a weekend of trail riding. NH has some of the best ATV trails I have ever seen in my life and they let pretty much any age on them.
Did I mention I wanna move there...:)

Last edited:

Katahdin

It was a really great time and I made it home this morning without any problems ahead of the rain. All together I logged 275 miles on the M109 this weekend including a few side trips.

I thoroughly enjoyed Friday night's Spaghetti dinner and the road trip to Beech Hill Farm for Ice Cream and live band music.

At the auction Saturday night I won a deuce air horn for $6 and two gallons of Randolph 24087 paint for $20 each. I looked over the M105 but it wasn't worth the scolding I would've taken from my wife if I had towed it home...I already have a great M105 that doesn't get enough use as it is.

I got to meet Mcknightj1 and Vintage Iron and saw Jeepnasty drive in. I think I missed some of you mid-day on Saturday when I left to visit a tractor dealer down in New Boston. I think I saw Carl's truck at the show and as it drove by when I was in NB. Surprisingly a lot of the owners I met weren't SS members.

I'll post some pics once I finish sorting through them and I'm planning to return next year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks