• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weare NH Rally July 29-31

Carl_in_NH

I'll be there on Saturday - perhaps Friday as well if I can get the time off from work.

MVMVC members are expected to put in an hour worth of effort when they go to the rally to share the load with the small handful of folks that normally put in most of the time. Sign-up sheet for tasks should be in the next (July) newsletter. There's a small number of folks that put in a lot of the effort each year to pull the rally together - so having other club members help them out a little will allow them enjoy some of the festivities this year instead of working through much of it. I'm looking forward to lending them a hand this year - they deserve it.

CAPSARME

My dad and I are going Friday through Sunday. Pretty sure were not bringing an MV this year, but i am going to try and load up my golf car. Good vehicle to help people get parts back to the parking lot, instead of the bus!

Two years ago my dad bought a windshield frame, and it was a PITA to put on the bus for the ride out!!!

Ive been going to that rally since i was a little kid. When i first started going it was in the town center at the fire department! Ive been every year since with my dad. Its an awesome rally and a great time all around

WarrenD

I'm hoping the weather will co-operate, so far I've had 2 of 3 shows rained on this year and the one that didn't really rain was a close call.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to go as a vendor just on Friday, but the $ for a space seems a bit high.. Anyone know anyone from the club that can work on that?

nhdiesel

I was planning to be there but vehicle repairs have killed the tiny budget I had. Parts to get the wife's Jeep to pass inspection took the money i was going to use to register the Deuce, and fuel money to go down to Beaubeau's and do the air shift swap.

Its too bad, I really wanted to meet up with the VT guys again, it was awesome meeting VTDeucedriver and the rest of the crew there.

Jim

Carl_in_NH

Sorry to hear you're not going to make it down in the deuce, Jim - but how about taking a drive down in the family car? I know, it's not the same - but at least you'd get to attend that way.

lebel1886

I am going to be there setting up with a lot of items from milbuys.com.
Getting there late Thursday and will be set up for both show days Friday and Saturday.

BillF

I was able to go this morning for a short time. Looks like it is going to be a great show this year. I plan on going again tomorrow late afternoon and all day saturday.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well I have made it as far as Albany and now I have most of the family on board to let the boy and I make it to the rally. All I need to know now is does it cost anything and is there anyone I can hook up with while there? We are here visiting the in-laws and have the family truck, I really don't think a white F350 will fit in with the OD. Call it snow camo perhaps? Well if you have any info please let me now.

Carl_in_NH

I don't believe there's any admission cost. Tomorrow you'll be parking away from the field (only MVs, registered campers, and other people that need access to the rally field will be driving in, if I recall correctly) - out in front at the school building, and there will be a shuttle that will give you a ride down the ~1 mile access road to the rally field. If I remember correctly, they ask for a small donation for the ride.

There's a good turnout this year; a good number of military vehicles, and camping is full - and you can't beat the weather, 80 degrees and sunny.

m38inmaine

willy10 and I are here posting on site, lots of vehicles and good stuff for sale. Will be here untill Saturday 3pm, stop by the Dodge M882 W/ Commo shelter on vendor's row and say HI.

WarrenD

Photos from Weare 2010

Here's some of my photos from this year's rally:
Weare Military Vehicle Rally 2010 Photo Gallery by baywing at pbase.com

I enjoyed meeting a few SS members, Jeff and Carl (aka vtdeucedriver and carl in nh) as well as talking with some old friends. The Good Humor man, though not an MV, really took me back to my childhood as his truck and uniform were exactly as I remembered it. Even his ice cream prices were great (ok, not the $0.25 I remember, but great compared to other venues!)

Lots of jeeps and M151's, Rick gave a few rides in his weasel until the dust shut him down. Good show!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks