• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weare NH Rally July 29-31

BillF

The show was great. The dust was a little bad, had to hose the jeep off yestarday to clean it up some. The saturday after noon trail ride was great other than getting stuck on the hill for a minute, at least the humvee didnt make it on the first try as well.

Carl_in_NH

Thanks for posting the photos, Warren. It was nice to meet up with you and a number of other folks at the rally. I hope to be able to spend more time at the rally next year - and will plan on camping overnight either Friday or Saturday. A really good turnout of vehicles this year, to be sure.

vtdeucedriver

Here's some of my photos from this year's rally:
Weare Military Vehicle Rally 2010 Photo Gallery by baywing at pbase.com

I enjoyed meeting a few SS members, Jeff and Carl (aka vtdeucedriver and carl in nh) as well as talking with some old friends. The Good Humor man, though not an MV, really took me back to my childhood as his truck and uniform were exactly as I remembered it. Even his ice cream prices were great (ok, not the $0.25 I remember, but great compared to other venues!)

Lots of jeeps and M151's, Rick gave a few rides in his weasel until the dust shut him down. Good show!
Was great to meet you too!!! tried looking for you later to chat some more but you and the camera were out there in the mass of MV's

WarrenD

Jeff, Sorry I missed you in the PM. I left early as I had an obligation to attend to. Hindsight being what it is, I wish I had stayed. Maybe next year I'll be able to beg a ride for the afternoon trail ride and get some pics of that.

vtdeucedriver

Jeff, Sorry I missed you in the PM. I left early as I had an obligation to attend to. Hindsight being what it is, I wish I had stayed. Maybe next year I'll be able to beg a ride for the afternoon trail ride and get some pics of that.
Hit me up next year, I will have time to bring one down next year................the truck will be TBD as I have quite a few to select from.;)

Hey guys , this was the first time for me this year. i had never stood next to such a massive 5 ton as i did at this show . wow what a goliath. eveyone was great . i think next year i will try and stay and camp. most of the fun seemed to be happening off to the side lines of the show . I have to wonder, why is this show held so far in the woods? i bought some ammo cans and sixty five pouunds of m35 parts that i had to hump out of the woods after the bus stopped running . it wasn't so bad, but i could have done without the loaded down nature walk.
would recomend to a friend

WarrenD

When you buy stuff, just tell the gate guards and they should let you drive your vehicle down for loading.

BillF

After the bus stops running you can go get you car or truck and drive it down to pick up the stuff instead of carrying it out. I think the location is perfect, nice big field and no complaints from neighbors.

yeah they let me know that but i figured i would just walk it out anyways. my choice. it wasn't bad just curious to the location that was all. my gps wasn't even close to getting me there from the flyer i had. i was lucky and saw an OD jeep that went by full of smiles . i just convoyed with them and a few others that had got turned around behind the school on the main road. next year we will be pros. hopefully will bring my rig to show and carry all the stuff i didnt know i needed until i saw it.

BillF

Another way to the parking lot is to ask to catch a ride with someone going out. You will be amazed at how often they say yes.

The older 5 ton sure got a work out all weekend long. It was neat watching it on the trail ride.

Carl_in_NH

The best way to get parts out is to drive your M35 into the show; everybody wins - one more truck in the show area, and you don't have to carry or take the bus. Mine goes each year - but it should, given the round trip is only 46 miles.

Good show this year - but I think the rain Friday night supressed the turnout a little. Hopefully we'll have great weather next year - although a little cooler might be nice for the trip home.

delta01

N.H July 24 – 26, 2014: Weare Summer Military Vehicle Rally – 27th year pictures

New Hampshire, July 24 – 26, 2014: Weare Summer Military Vehicle Rally – 27[SUP]th[/SUP] year

these are some pictures from this years MVMVC Summer Rally at Weare,New Hampshire
Any use of the pictures in publication should be credited to the photographer Stefan Golec of Vermont.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks