• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weekend Fun

Knucklehead

I really like the color scheme of you M-37. The truck looks like it is in fantastic condition. I also like the oval rear window on the cckw hard top .

pullthepin

Thanx Knucklehead,
Some like the paint scheme,some don't,it's like being the redheaded step child.We don't fit in at local carshows,don't fit in the military crowd.But I like it,and thats what matters to me!! Yes this M had no rot and very little surface rust.Battery Box looks new as well as the tool box area under bed.hard to believe for a 1953.

Thanks Again
Gregg

Jones

Black fenders with solid color hood, cab and bed was the way Dodge did the WM300s when they were being made. Cool rig regardless. The M37 "school bus" may possibly be an ex-air crew bus. We had 'em when I was in Nam.
Something to consider for a unique paint scheme if you want something other than camo; I don't think I've ever seen more than a handful of EOD unit M37s. They were OD with red front fenders, tailgate, and "EOD" in red, on the doors.

Knucklehead

Pullthepin, you have the right attitude, it is your truck. I know what you mean about not fitting in. I used to belong to the MVPA and 10 years ago I purchased a M54A1 off of a local fire department. It was in fantasic condition, I could not believe how clean it was. 2 days after purchase I drove it 80 miles, one way, to my local MVPA chapter show. I was told that I could not bring "THAT THING" into the show. It was the wrong color. Then and there I left that organization.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I drove it 80 miles, one way, to my local MVPA chapter show. I was told that I could not bring "THAT THING" into the show. It was the wrong color. Then and there I left that organization.

Yupp......there can be some real putzes out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks