• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weekend of show and tell

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturday I brought the deuce up to Camp Pouch location Staten Island NY for a Pig roast that I was invited or should I say the truck was requested so that the kids can see up close a Army truck along with a police Emergency Rescue truck and a Fire truck. the kid did have a good time as did the adults.

Yesterday Sunday was a first for me. I brought my Deuce to the event mentioned above and had a good time there, once parked and the wheels chocked, and the trans in neutral and the parking brake on I removed the positive terminal on the battery.I then raised and pinned the hood in the up right position. I then grabbed a ladder from the back and placed it up against the drivers side front fender thus removing the side panel. By the way you might like this (The ladder was an aluminum folding ladder used to get into the attic and was cut down to size,works great for getting in and out of the rear bed.)once all done I placed a plaque with information about the truck.
The kids loved it, the adults had many questions and some with memories with there experience.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After I posted what I did this weekend about an hour or so after wards a neighbor that I had just meet at the show picked up a 2 ft" trophy that I was awarded for the best 4 wheeled vehicle and dropped it off at my house.what a day it was,the worst part was I left early with a aching back.