• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wehring LMTV Mods

Overdrive

Very interesting thread and some really slick mods. Lots of questions on parts identification and sources. Didn't see an answer to what locker you used, part number and source. Would be really helpful to add where some of these parts came from. And how about what AC setup was used?

On the locker front doing a search it seems that Eaton may have several locker options Detroit locker or Truetrac but no part number listings.

Thanks.

wehring

Doug, you will enjoy the gears.

I have no info on the locker. It is a Meritor part but they are not current production.

I pulled the trigger on ordering Knoedler replacement front seats. They are: very low profile, air-ride, heated and cooled, front/rear isolator, arm rests and tan/black leather. Will send pics and post a report when installed. They look good on paper... Let's see how they work out.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also enjoy watching your progress, Justin. Thanks for the time to write it up. Seeing the star on the door of that truck reminds me, do all FMTVs have the small star on front center above grill? Does it signify anything?

thanks,

Bob

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also enjoy watching your progress, Justin. Thanks for the time to write it up. Seeing the star on the door of that truck reminds me, do all FMTVs have the small star on front center above grill? Does it signify anything?

thanks,

Bob
All US Military vehicles are supposed to have a 5 point star to identify them as US Forces. The FMTV series is supposed to have one centered in the front of the cab a few inches above the grill, and one centered on the back cross member where the tailgate attaches too. They don't always get repainted on after getting painted to desert or back to woodland, or get covered up during aggressive bumper number stenciling.

Ukraine Train

Nice tint job. Mine came with tint and it does a pretty decent job of keeping the temps down. The "unibrow" made a nice background for some vinyl, too.
2015-08-28 19.43.41.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks