• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weighed my bobbed Deuce this morning.......

MO MV man

Hello all!

I've been wanting to weigh my bobber ever since finishing it but haven't been by the local scale to do so.
Well, this morning I went out of my way and got 'er scaled.

Went to the local truck stop/Quik Trip.
They have a Certified Automated Truck Scale so these numbers are certified and DOT spec.

10,780 lbs. total with 1/2 tank of fuel and no one in it.
Front axle: 6120
Rear axle: 4660

So correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a stock Deuce wo/w weigh 13,000?
13,000-10,780=2,220 lb. weight reduction?

For reference, see pic below.
3 foot shortened stock Deuce bed, shortened troop seats, HEMTT wheels and 395 XML's.

Interesting! :beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

92RT-TT

wow thats an impressive weight loss. Not that you are probably going for economy but I'm sure this will increase your mpg

asgtoolman

My bobbed deuce w/o winch, with 14x20's, 1/2 tank fuel, no driver, a tool box from a 5 ton mounted where spare tire used to be, with M101a3 trailer bed w/ fiberglass sideboards and metal bows---9,960#--- so an under 10,000# is easily doable-- LOTS of weight difference comes from type of bed used.

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

Jenny Craig has nothing on a simple bobbing. Too bad we cant do that to ourselves.

Im getting ready to bob one myself. using the spare axle for another project.

oldshep

My bobbed truck weighs 10,080 with me in it(165lbs) and a half tank of fuel. Disc brakes and my own homade bed help with I think. With the fdc bypassed it flat runs. Have to drive it according to the pyro.:twisted:

A

A/C Cages

How much does the rear cargo beds with drop sides weight. Also does anyone know how much an empty M109 shop van rear shell weights by itself?
I took off my M109 shop van shell and those 2 forklifts about crapped out on me trying to do it. It cant weight too much can it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks