• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight change in doing a axle swap?

scratch

I have been thinking about an axle swap on my 68' m101a1 for a while now. If I was do do the axle swap and remove the front landing leg, remove the pindle hook and change it to a ball and hitch, does any one know how much lighter it would be? I would like to know what the axle weights, what the tires and wheels weight. and what the front landing leg and pendle hook set up weighs. Thanks

2013-03-13_13-49-30_643.jpg2013-03-13_15-21-26_557.jpg

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say 200 to 300 LBS. more or less , for the axle weight , tires would save a lot of weight . What about the brakes , are you putting brakes back on ? if not then , add about another 150 LBS. or so to the total . As for the hitch depends how much metal you add to put a hitch and landing leg back on . I would guesstimate about 400-500 LBS for all total .

scratch

I would say 200 to 300 LBS. more or less , for the axle weight , tires would save a lot of weight . What about the brakes , are you putting brakes back on ? if not then , add about another 150 LBS. or so to the total . As for the hitch depends how much metal you add to put a hitch and landing leg back on . I would guesstimate about 400-500 LBS for all total .
this is before adding new axle and everthing right?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YA , as I said just a guess , but the wheels ,brakes , hitch and landing lag are HEAVY . BTW , I would post the wheels ,backing plates and drums on the G741 site , The drums and wheels are the same as a M37 . bob k

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks