• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of a 1966 Deuce

islandguydon

I am looking for any TM which shows the weight of a standard Deuce. I have looked all over and can,t find it in any book. I can not have it weighed so I need to go by a TM for this.....?

Any suggestions where I can find such a thing........?

islandguydon

I need something official to give our Sectary of State for a title transfer. The truck is 1200 miles from me and there is no way to weight it. They would accept a TM or standard info that has the weight printed on it but I have yet to find such a beast.

runk

Note that different versions of the TM present the data in different ways. The later ones only list the rough terrain payload capacity, good if you want a lower weight, bad if want to able to haul 10,000 lbs. Also, the empty weight varied slightly, I assume as the standard equipment changed.
I've attached the applicable pages out of the 4 versions of the -10 I've got.

Attachments

steelandcanvas

I had to go get my Deuce weighed for registration purposes. The DMV lady even gave me the address of the scales, and the Weighmaster weighed me for free. My dataplate states 13, 050 w/o winch, and 13, 500 w/ winch. I weighed in at 13,500 plus.

Flyingvan911

My M35A2 weighs right about 13,500 wo/w, with troop seats, tarp, and bows. Full tank and BII in the tool box. I weighed it at a CAT scale.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My SF-97 has weight shipping #13030 and GVWR 23030 printed on it . I had no issues titleing in michigan with it and the bill of sale , in and out of the S.O.S. office . Do you have your SF-97 ?

Speedwoble

Adding here rather than making a new post(even though it doesn't help the OP)

Weighted my 1971 Deuce on a 4 plate scale today
Configuration: 9.00x20 tires, Hard top, spare tire in place, Troop seats in place, no heater, no winch, 1/2 tank of fuel.

LF RF
3040 lbs 3025 lbs

LR RR
3390 lbs 3650 lbs

Total 13105lbs.

I am going to try to get the weight over the front and rear axles independently tomorrow. It should be the same with the walking beam, but it is always fun to verify such things.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i went to the scrap yard and the weighed me at 13320 w/w. that seams a little light to me.
That might be low, bet thay are low balling the weight across the scale to pay less, I would reweigh some place like a cat scale, then turn in the scrap yard in