• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of Bed

oddshot

The bed from an M35a2 weighs 1300 pounds ...

or at least that's what the scales at the scrap yard told me today.

And the sign on the scales said:

HONEST WEIGHT

so I gotta believe them.

let the bobbin' begin

oddshot

Last edited:

oddshot

AMEN BROTHER!!!

But the bed is off .. the cash is in hand ... and I'm moving on.

oddshot

BTW ... The reference made in your sig-line about the Smith and Wesson ...

you wouldn't be talking about the Mod 19 would you?

Best dam .357/38 revolver made by the hand of man! EVER!

Keeping me warm and safe at night ... even in New (freakin') Jersey since 19 and 77.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
BTW ... The reference made in your sig-line about the Smith and Wesson ...
No reference to any particular model......that was something my grandpa used to say....he was a pool shark and ran a floating poker game for many years....I think he spoke from experience.

I carry a .32 cal Walther PPK for light work (left to me by said grandpa) and if I think things are going to get serious I pick up the 9mm Taurus with the 30 shot mag. Usually loaded with Black Talons.

oddshot

I carry a .32 cal Walther PPK for light work (left to me by said grandpa) and if I think things are going to get serious I pick up the 9mm Taurus with the 30 shot mag.
Your Granpa had good taste.

I always liked the size (and the James Bond flair) of the PPK ... but the price tag was always way outta my range.

Two years ago importers started bringing in the P-64 from Poland ... a blatant rip off of the PPK ... chambered in 9x18 Makarov.

The price when I bought mine was about $150.00. They've gone up since that time.

I like the gun ... its everything that the PPK is .. a gentleman's carry gun ... about the size of a wallet, nice and flat. VERY accurate.

They need a spring replacement to decrease the double action trigger pull down to HUMAN levels.

It is VERY nice to carry in a shoulder holster ... when you are wearing a white dinner jacket.

But I still like my S&W Mod 19.

.357 puts a NICE hole in stuff.

I have carried it in New (freakin) Jersey when I worked as a commercial realestate appraiser ... ESPECIALLY when working in CAMDEN or Newark and surrounding areas.

Un-officially, of course.

Down here in NoGa ... it rides VERY nicely on my hip ... except all the government buildings, schools, and etc we can't carry into.

oddshot

oddshot

When I took mine to the scrap yard I got $40.00 for it,but It was not in good shape and I had no use for it.I cant rememder what it weighed.
Scrap in NoGA is at $11.50 per hundred today.

I didn't get all that I hoped for ... BUT ... I got paid in cash ... the bed's off the Deuce

... and I am moving forward.

oddshot

KsM715

Not to be a party pooper but this is a good way to get your own thread axed.

When I pulled my bed it sure felt like more than 1300lbs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhere on here there is a pic of a bed hanging from a scale and it right at 2000#. It was posted by Jones.

oddshot

All I see is a picture of a boom ... and a scale ... and maybe something VERY heavy hanging from it.

Got the rest of the picture?

How about the thread its from?

Thanks

oddshot

KsM715

What, may I ask, is a good way to get my own thread axed?

oddshot
From the rulespage:
• Do not post material dealing with the sale or use of alcohol, tobacco, or firearms. The exception to the rule would be the discussion of rifle mounts or ring-mounts.

Ive seen them axed for less than what has been discussed here.

One of the other Mods Posted this today in another thread where the forum rules came in to play. (yes I know its not the same rule but the point remains the same)

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/776156-post9.html

Last edited:

oddshot

REALLY!!!!

I had no idea.

I had my face buried in Manuals ... and doing through searches ... that I never read the rules page.

Would having a veiled reference to firearms in my sig-line be a cause for disciplinary action too?

*wow*

oddshot

These guys are TOUGH around here!

oddshot

HOLY COW!!! YER RIGHT!!!!

I post a couple pictures of gunz ... and I went and looked ...

AND THEY'RE GONE!!!

No Excrement!!!

I read someplace that there is an anti-gun bias here ... I think it was on another forum ...

But I didn't believe it.

I mean ... these are MILITARY VEHICLES after all!!!

You know ... like ... the ARMY ... and USMC.

I wouldn't /couldn't know for certain of course ...

but I got a suspicion that ...

at one time or another ...

there may have been FIREARMS in some of these vehicles.

And I've seen a LOT of references to GUN MOUNTS in the cabs of these things....

...wow ...

oddshot

Last edited:

KsM715

So are you sarcastically saying that you read the rules and chose to ignore them? Or you just by passed the rules without reading them when you signed up?

Rules are a pet peve of mine. It bugs the snot out of me when I read one thread about something and see the next one get shut down.

I could have jump right in a join you on your discussion ( I carry a 1911 45acp, that, yes, belonged to my grandfather, when he was part of the Las Vegas PD, thats why I like 45's) but I didnt because of the rules.

Oh I can hear it now, someone is trying to formulate a post about hypocracy(sp?) because my post violates the very rule Im pointing out.

If you dont like the rule go ahead a PM SteelSoldiers AKA Chris the site owner and supreme rule maker and let him know how you feel about his anti-gun bias.

Last edited: