• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of the average tank engine?

Greensteel37

I bought a Military tank engine rotisserie last weekend. I am going to use it for jeep bodies, etc. Other guys are using these for restoring bodies on jeeps and small trucks.

I don't have any info on the weight capacity of these things as there is no manual available.

So, what is the average weight of a tank powerplant? At least I can judge what it will hold based on that information. Or do any of you guys know where the manual can be found? The NSN is: 4910-00-795-0189.

Greensteel37

Wow. Ok. This stand is probably not for those engines. I dug all over the interwebz and found a reference to the stand which rates it at 2600lbs. So a jeep body with suspension and no engine would be easy for that rotisserie.

Thanks for the info.

LanceRobson

Wow. Ok. This stand is probably not for those engines. I dug all over the interwebz and found a reference to the stand which rates it at 2600lbs. So a jeep body with suspension and no engine would be easy for that rotisserie.

Thanks for the info.
Maybe not. The jeep body is longer and as such it acts as a lever. It will put more strain on the stand in relation to it's weight.

Lance

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lance, the stand consists of two ends so there is no leverage. The two ends are connected by pipes at the base of each end.

Rick

123mack

I remember seeing those used in the National Guard CSMS shops back when the M151 was still in service. It'll be fine for your M151 body.