• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

weight of tire&wheel?

BugEyeBear

Hey Guys,

What is the weight of a standard Deuce tire/wheel combination?

(I need to provide a shipper with a weight for shipping... & I'm having these sent TO me so I don't have the ability to weight them...)

Approx 100lbs ea?? 80lbs ea?

THANKS!
-Bear-

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why pay to have some shipped when you are in GA? There's alot of tire dealers very close, especially for 9x20 NDCCs.

BugEyeBear

Why pay to have some shipped when you are in GA? There's alot of tire dealers very close, especially for 9x20 NDCCs.
ACTUALLY, the XM211 I recently bought has 10 spare tires/wheels in the cargo area...
I'm just trying to estimate the added weight of these 10 tires/wheels.

(Unfortunately, not all of these tires are NDCCs, some are std truck tires, so they'll probably never actually be used... )

So 10 tires & wheels are 2000lbs?? seems high...

SO ADDITIONALLY, CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND a tire source for military tires near Savannah, GA? (actually Statesboro)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on how much they are worn as well, I've had some across the shipping scale at 174#.

BugEyeBear

The air alone weighs 50 pounds per square inch.:-D
Yeah, that's why I always lower the air pressure prior to shipping!

Saves me a ton of money that way!!

:cookoo:

IN FACT, if you pump the air out and create a really strong vacuum they actually get close to weighing nothing!!

:lol:

-Bear-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks