• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weird air tank set up question

freecr

Hi all,

Another week, another question.

I relocated my air tanks (and batteries). I was extremely diligent at marking and labeling what connection goes where. Its connected the way it was before. But, now that I look at it I am just baffled! It makes no sense to me.

From the wet tank, a line tee's and goes into each of the dry tanks though a check valve on each of the tanks. AND! The tanks are connected to each other with out any kind of check valve between them. Two tanks simply connected to each other with one of them being fed from the wet tank makes sense to me. OR! Two tanks each being fed from the wet tank but not connected to each other (unless through a check valve, maybe) also makes sense to me (front and rear systems).

Essentially, connecting the tanks just creates a single but larger capacity tank. So, why tee the supply just to fill the same tank from two inlets. The way it is now has me scratching my head.

Has anyone else noticed this or is something amiss with mine? If I drain either tank, the other also empties.

freecr

Thanks Suprman,

Great, not on mine or it's stuck open. Either drain will empty both un-restricted. So now I have to find one of those. Do you know which tank fills the other (or the opposite which tank is checked)?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They are like the one behind the bumper. One way air valves. You can look in the parts TM (-24P) and see a breakdown showing everything.
Will