• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weird knocking noise

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last time I heard a weird knocking noise, it was the Jehovah's Whitnesses at my back door.
What you let the Jehovah's Witnesses do at your back door is your business. I don't think this forum is any place to be airing your dirty laundry though. :shock:

ryan77

Well i made a hose with a 3/8 tubing on the end! Sounds like rockers! I will order a valve cover gasket and pull it off! Listening is hard from my days of running a jack hammer i couldnt hear a dump truck driving through a dynamite factory!!!

ryan77

Well i adjusted the valves! Some of the exhaust were way out of spec! Sounds much better problem solved thanks for the suggestions guys!!

ryan77

No they were all tight i have a slight ticking type noise but not as loud as before! I think that noise is the air compressor!!

RAYZER

I still have that same tapping noise too,and I can't figure out where its coming from,it's driving me nutts! It sounds like its coming from the turbo side toward the back.

ryan77

I have to listen to another deuce to be sure thats just not the way they sound! Id to trade or sell it for a 5 ton tractor!

RAYZER

The multifuels can be noisy,first time I took my hearing protection off while traveling at highway speed,i thought the engine was coming apart!
A 5ton multifuel tractor would be cool, there are some in the classifieds!

ryan77

Id like one with a cummins and automatic!!! Yes there loud when i drove mine home from Alabama i thought i was going to go deaf!!!

plym49

The noise is definitely half engine speed, so that would indicate something in the valve train.

Heavysteven

Question were you able to do the valve adjustment by yourself (one man ) and how long did it take you? I think my valves need adjustment as well. Am I correct in assuming you need to rotate the engine by hand?

Thanks

ryan77

U need 2 people i had my wife stand on the bumper and watch the 1 valve close while i turned the motor over by hand under the truck! Its all in the tm! Took about a hour to do the job and 3 hrs of the wife complaining she got grease on her shirt!!

DieselBob

To make it a one man job I used a remote starter switch hooked to the “magnetic relay” and used a compressor wrench to fine tune the position of the rocker arm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks