• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weird thing happened to my fuel pump.

Banshee365

Hey guy's. I just got home for the weekend to take a break from training for the new job up in Atlanta (3 months long) and decided to drive the deuce around a little. I went to check the in-tank fuel pump and didn't hear anything. I thought, OH GREAT, either the pump is dead or batteries are dead. The pump is pretty much brand new from white owl. I pushed in the plug with the switch on and it started smoking. I ran around and shut off the switch and then came back to the tank and pulled the plug out. One of the pins from the top of the pump has sheared off at some point and I guess was making a bad contact. I pulled the cover off and the inside was black. I was able to pull the pin out of the plug but I don't think I trust it anymore as it has some melted metal in the socket now. I called white owl and he's going to call me back and see if he has any cover's laying around.

My question is: I took the screw out of the fuse block and there are some solder joints back there. If he can, or anyone, can find me a cover soldered to a shot pump wouldn't that work if I can solder my pump wires to that cover? I'm hoping I can also get a new plug with pitails to replace mine. The truck will obviously run fine without the pump assuming no air leaks but it's still aggrivating. Anyone come across this before?

-Kelly

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Weird thing happened to my fuel pump.

acetomatoco said:
you just plumb in a heater fuel pump and use the stock hot wire, and leave your dead pump in
If you do, don't forget to add a fuse or circuit breaker, there is none except for the 2 amp pump mounted fuse in the original pump circuit. That's why the damage was so severe (per description above), no protection for wiring problems.

FWIW, the heater pump capacity is 0.4 gal/min compared to 6 gal/min for the in-tank pump....