• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Welding on trailer w/mep on it?

epitts

This maybe a non issue but CYA. Any issues with welding on the trailer with the genset on the trailer? I am going to weld a trailer jack on the front and just want to make sure I do not hurt anything.

Thanks for your help

Triple Jim

I wouldn't worry about doing it myself, but obviously make sure the welding current doesn't pass through the generator by keeping the ground clamp near where you're working. I'd also disconnect the generator's power output and ground cables to isolate it. You shouldn't have to do that, but if something odd happens while welding you don't want any way for the welding current to flow through the generator wiring.

ETN550

I wouldn't worry about doing it myself, but obviously make sure the welding current doesn't pass through the generator by keeping the ground clamp near where you're working. I'd also disconnect the generator's power output and ground cables to isolate it. You shouldn't have to do that, but if something odd happens while welding you don't want any way for the welding current to flow through the generator wiring.
Good info. Disconnect the battery too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks