• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well another LVT-4 gets to come back to life...

I really doubt it - the bidding put the combined price for the 4 around 20k - steel is about $45/a ton right now - he'd get about 2500 bucks at the scrapper...

They'll live on somewhere - maybe not all 4 but you could certainly get 3 to live on

waayfast

Matt, sorry for the delay-had a small construction project on the place that could not wait-.

Here are some pics.

Still thinking about what price to ask but be assured it won't be any where near $20,000 LOL!

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:
Yep - was down there last night looking at the row of 5 they have lined up (they already had two - so I think they win the fleet award for having 6 now) - pretty neat stuff; lots of really cool tracked stuff - not just LVT's... Weasels, Bren Carriers, a HST and some half tracks ;) - my kind guys!

Two will get full resto and possibly a third depending how things go - lots of pretty rare and hard to find parts in those shells - they were super gracious in having me crawl all over and generally shoot the breeze

Exactly how this hobby should be - so rest assured they are in loving hands

Matt

Last edited:
More loading pics

She's on her way through Wisconsin today...

Actually went pretty easy as far as loading was concerned - built some timber ramps and just made two winch pulls - one to square up to the trailer and then up she went - steers well and rolls fairly easily for a 30k steel tracked vehicle with 3" tall scoops on the track!

Enjoy

Matt

Attachments

BillF

I know of the location of two LVT's. One flipped over and has lots of parts missing. The other is on its tracks but I have not gotten to get a good look at it yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks