• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I did it, stuck Deuce

EWhytsell

I was using my duece to pack down some dirt and afterwards went to take a trip around my yard at night and got to close to a wet area. I guess it got a little wider after the storms we've been having. I got it stuck before right after I got it, its got the Goodyear G286 street tires so wet grass is plenty bad :oops: Last time I was able to get it out easily by having my wife pull it with my offroad 4x4 that I've had for years (toyota body with fullsize stuff inside and 38" boggers)

I guess its stuck better this time because i've only been able to move it about 10ft.

If anyone is close by (north of Columbus) and wants to play army trucks, I'll be working on that and some other stuff around my yard all weekend.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got god news and bad news. Bad news first. The more you move it the better the odds are of it staying stuck. Usually (prefaced usually) it requires another deuce to free it.

Good news, there are some folks in your area that may well be able to help. Might cost some frothy beverages and some pics of the offending stick but I'd say probably worth it. Does the truck have a winch? Singled or dual rear tires?

EWhytsell

Singled rears. Yeah I know all about getting stuck better so I've been very careful of not making it worse. No winch and since my place is in an old field there's nothing big enough to winch from within several hundred feet so it would have to be an anchor like burying a tire. Good news is its on my property so it could stay stuck for awhile and nobody but me is gonna carerofl

Blah, I should have left my truck in the barn the way the last couple days had been going at work, I'm a field tech and had been stuck on the same problem for several days getting nowhere. So what do I do... Go home and make another mess:oops:

SMOKEWAGON66

:funny: I wish I had pics of my first stuck Deuce....Alaska '00. Ive stuck a Deuce, a 5T, tractor or cargo...M1088 w/M872 trlr and even a M915a1 & a3 w/M871 ....Getting stuck is fun lol.

Last edited:

EWhytsell

I'm pretty sure my yard hates everything. So far I had a dozer nearly stuck, a 9,000lb skid steer really stuck, and my `05 Tacoma and `99 Grand Cherokee have both taken turns being stuck a few times over the years and now my duece. The only thing that hasn't been stuck yet is my trail rig.

I might put a photo up tomorrow if I can remember.

lawdog1623

well, i guess your gonna have to part it out. Ill take the troopseats, bows and cargo cover. Dont bother shipping it. Ill head that way this weekend and pick it up myself. roflgood luck getting it out brother!

vtdeucedriver

I personally dont pull out ANYONE until I have taken a fair amount of pics to use at their expense and and my gain. On that note, it has been the OTHER way around on my end.

Only reason I say that on SS is that 3 members have bailed me out.

Heavysteven

Well, take breath and don't make things worse by getting frustrated. I would wait till it drys out and grab a shovel.

However, it is manditory you post photo's