• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I did it, stuck Deuce

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally dont pull out ANYONE until I have taken a fair amount of pics to use at their expense and and my gain. On that note, it has been the OTHER way around on my end.

Only reason I say that on SS is that 3 members have bailed me out.
At least that shows you're not afraid to get full enjoyment out of your truck! Good job! [thumbzup] That's what it's for, right?

EWhytsell

Here's a couple photos. I also threw in one of my yard decoration project. Cheap windmill painted to look a little older and installed on a concrete platform because I tend to run into things while mowing and don't want a bent windmill in my yard :oops:

Windmill is actually going to be a mounting spot for a driveway sensor when I'm finished. Wife thinks it will look better than simply attaching it to a pole and since its mothers day tomorrow I ain't arguing.

Attachments

m816

It don't look that bad, There has to be someone near by with at least a deuce to bail you out.Just looks like you need a little weight behind that bogger and even it would do the trick. You arn't all alone on the recovery are you?
At the very least you need soldier number two and now that is warmer ---Some BEER.:beer:

EWhytsell

yeah, its not bad, tires are just crap and at the time i wasn't planning to go swimming so the tire pressure was at street pressure. I've only been able to put it in neutral and move it backwards with my mudder about 10 feet. I'm sure if the truck holds out I'll get it unstuck eventually. I did take a stroll around my area to see if any of my farming neighbors are out with they're tractors, but seems everyone went somewhere this weekend.

EWhytsell

I will be at creekside picking up Monday at 1:00, how close to solid ground,and where is the truck

I'm north of polaris about 25 miles off exit 140 which is currently closed due to overpass paving. Solid ground is a relative term in my yard, but its dryer just behind the truck.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, if you single that strap, have the wife in the yoda and you in the truck just lightly turning the wheels and give it a couple of good tugs it will probably come right out. Just use momentum and not a lot of wheel spin on the puller after the tug. The strap does not have any steel on the ends does it?

Rick

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With all that space, he could put the truck in low range reverse(then get out, and into the toy) and gun the "Toy" himself. Then once the deuce is free, get in and turn it off. Not much around to run into!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This advice coming from the only known SS member to have a deuce on it's side.

Although, it probably would work

Why not use that 8n too? Strap the yota to the front of it to keep it from coming up, have someone drive each of everything. It should come out. I got a 14klb box truck burried in my yard to the axles and it was only 2wd and i pulled it out with my to30 not much bigger than an 8n. Just took some hefty tugs and wheelies haha

Cletus09

With enough work, you could get it out with your 8n. If you have the tractor tires filled with balast you might even get away with putting a small A-frame under your tow line and take some weight off of the deuce.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in Ostrander, what area are you in? I'm at work today (and it's late) so sorry I didn't see it earlier. What kind of lumber do you have laying around? A couple of 4-8 ton bottle jacks and some plywood or lumber will get you out in a Jiffy. He's a pic from when I got my tractor buried. It took me about 2 hrs. to get my tractor out by myself. The plywood in the pic is 2x4' and 1 1/2" thick. If you can get your truck UP out of the mud, it should easily roll out to dryer ground. I'd be interested in meeting you, you don't sound like your more than minutes away.

Attachments

BEASTMASTER

now let me get this straight, the toyota is pulling the deuce while it is in neutral??????put the deuce in reverse and get it out of there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geeze:driver:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
now let me get this straight, the toyota is pulling the deuce while it is in neutral??????put the deuce in reverse and get it out of there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geeze:driver:

NO, I was saying that he could do it ALL by himself! I'm sure he's been in a "stuck" situation before and knows the wheels need to turn.

When getting a "running start" to free a truck, I would not want to endanger a wife/girlfriend.

With all that space, he could put the truck in low range reverse(then get out, and into the toy) and gun the "Toy" himself. Then once the deuce is free, get in and turn it off. Not much around to run into!
I can confirm this technique does work haha. Ive done it a couple times in my pick up using my tractor, i did put my truck in 4 low, and partially set the parking brake (its an auto though) so that the wheels were barely turning. The deuce in low rage is wildly powerful though and being a manual the brake would be useless. If you have enough room and balls though you could do it haha

EWhytsell

I haven't really put a lot of effort into it yet since I've been doing my windmill project this weekend and I wasn't going to let a stuck army truck ruin my plans.

windmill is finished so its time to get serious.

I will say that the strap is about a 70,000lb one I picked up years ago and I ain't afraid to make it stretch so I kissed the steering wheel a few times last night. Actually I kinda like the A-Frame idea and that would actually create mechanical advantage.

I'm not sure how many of you have actually ever used an 8N mines a 9N and its basically worthless for pulling things. In wet grass it can't even move my mudder on flat ground and it does have loaded tires. Trouble is they didn't have an option for a differential lock. I'm actually going to be selling it shortly and buying a larger tractor with a loader. something like a Ford 4000 or John Deere 2020, 3020, etc.

EWhytsell

I actually did have the wife run the duece in reverse and have gotten it further, but I simply need more weight in the pulling vehicle or more brains:)

I thought about putting my 1500lbs of concrete bags I had for the windmill in the bed of my mudder, but its radiator is also in the bed and I could see that going badly.