• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I did it

wiggall

Thats ok. It was off a damaged door that I was given for a door lach spring:!: Maybe you can find someone else that needs one.

omega231

glad to hear that your EUC finally got submitted to BC. You may have to wait anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months for it to clear. It sucks the first time you have to submit one, but the second time around is alot faster. I submitted the forms for my M818 in early may and they clear in BC in early June. I one the truck about 3 or 4 days before i submitted the forms.

dcwilkie

M35A2 EUC approval- 25 days and counting... At least it's been sent to Battle Creek. I was notified today of the revisions needed for the M105 trailers I bought last Thursday. Man that's MUCH faster than the truck's EUC:!: At this rate, I'll have the EUC for the trailers and nothing to pull them home with:roll:

Figures...

And what's the deal with the SF97 form? How long will THAT one take?

Last edited:

omega231

about 1 to 2 months. by Alabama Law you can drive the vehicle for 30 days after purchase without a registration so long as you have proof of purchase. to tag a deuce you must have a title. i dont know about the trailers.

omega231

hmmm... i could have sworn i needed the title for mine. i cant remember. well it doesnt hurt to try using the bill of sale (paid in full invoice) to tag the truck. the SF-97 is for the title not the tag and state registration, which is what wiggall was trying to get at:-D

dcwilkie

Anything made before 1976 doesn't have to have a title in the state of Alabama. I wish I'd bought a Deuce made around 1976 or before, but I think mine was made in 1985.
Is there a YOM located somewhere on the truck? I'll head out to start it and let it run a while this week so I can look for it then.

wiggall

If you truck is a Jeep Corp. it was made in the late 60's to early 70's as AM GENERAL took over the contrack in the early 70's:!:

dcwilkie

Thank you Frank!
I guess I still want to get the title in case I sell it, but at least I can license it whenever I get the EUC and bill of sale.
We have a MOPAR show coming up this July. I hope I can get my Deuce before then and take it.

wiggall

Any word on you EUC:?: Last year at this time we were getting ready to go to Ft. Lewis, Wa. To pick up the BEAUTIFUL BEAST:!: Wish you the best of luck:!:

dcwilkie

Thanks for asking Frank, but no- no news on the EUC. 33 days and counting...

Went to the DRMO website to look at the FAQs. Says it can take up to 60 days. If that doesn't suck, I don't know what does.:???:

The folks at Redstone have been letting me come out once a week to start the deuce. I let 'er run for 20 minutes in hopes that will keep everything dry, lubed, and charged. Sure was hoping to get it home by Saturday. There's a military show here in Huntspatch USA. There'll be others I guess...

wiggall

Saturday we are taking the BEAUTIFUL BEAST to a WOUNDED WARRIORS SHOW and SHINE! I know all about the ECU WAIT. We won the bid on the BEAUTIFUL BEAST near the end of April last year, and picked her up the 30th of JUNE last year!

dcwilkie

Saturday we are taking the BEAUTIFUL BEAST to a WOUNDED WARRIORS SHOW and SHINE! I know all about the ECU WAIT. We won the bid on the BEAUTIFUL BEAST near the end of April last year, and picked her up the 30th of JUNE last year!

So what you're telling me is I have to wait until July 30th? Well poot...

I wish it were as easy as borrowing an EUC. I'd be willing to bet no one would check it, but with my luck mine would be the ONLY one checked!

Think I'll quit whining, sit back, relax and just let it happen :cool: I'm sending out too many negative waves (woof woof- that was my other dog imitation).

AceHigh

Thanks for asking Frank, but no- no news on the EUC. 33 days and counting...

Went to the DRMO website to look at the FAQs. Says it can take up to 60 days. If that doesn't suck, I don't know what does.:???:
I can tell you that after the 60 days is up they will refund your money. Hope you don't have this happen to you.

dcwilkie

I wonder why there isn't a way to get the EUC approval out of the way BEFORE you bid? Not for the specific item, but more like a license to buy :?:

That would sure save a lot of trouble IMO.

dcwilkie

Yahoo! This redneck now has in his hot little hand the PAID IN FULL invoice from Battle Creek! Yeeehaaaaaa!
Now if Redstone will just let me drive it home today... they don't have loadouts on Fridays, but Teresa said they might make an exception because of the Military Show tomorrow.
Geez I'm excited! :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks