• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I done did a thing....

Jeeperjoe

Well I done did a thing.... a very very good thing

Put a deposit down on a 1982 m923a1 today reads 1800 miles on the clock since the Kansas rebuild in 2012 really sharp looking truck, soft top no cargo cover or bows and no troop seats. The truck cranks strong fires right up builds air pressure everything seems really good on it. Looking to take delivery in about a month...

Added a photo for yall and I'll get more up once I get to my work computer on monday

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

First 5 ton, and First MV as well, comes from a member on here, not sure if hes active anymore, only spots of any noticable rust i can find is on the fenders where they come together... other than that the truck is practically brand new by the looks of everything

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your truck!
Call or text CSMDavis (his PM box is always full) 601-264-3453. He has the bows and cover kit new-old-stock still in the crate. I bought one from him for my truck.

randygk

Congrats, do yourself a favor and replace the fuel hose from filter to injector pump if it has any dust on it at all. Nice looking truck. Enjoy

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, check the oil filter configuration, I stock the spin on oil filter adapter/filter kits. Real nice add on , saves time and $$ on future filter changes.

Jeeperjoe

Congrats on your truck!
Call or text CSMDavis (his PM box is always full) 601-264-3453. He has the bows and cover kit new-old-stock still in the crate. I bought one from him for my truck.
Thanks I'll check with him not really in the cards right now but definitely something I want to do soon

Congrats, do yourself a favor and replace the fuel hose from filter to injector pump if it has any dust on it at all. Nice looking truck. Enjoy
Yeah I need to check into fuel lines, little wet post filter

Nice truck, check the oil filter configuration, I stock the spin on oil filter adapter/filter kits. Real nice add on , saves time and $$ on future filter changes.
Already has spin on oil filters... they are oriented horizontally I figure would make more sense to get a remote to run them vertically

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

Did you get the truck home?
unfortunately uncle sam decided i didn't need a 5 ton and "Offset" my tax return so heavily ($8200) i cant come up with the cash at this time, still trying to see if i can figure out a way but doesn't look good so i guess i will be out $500 on the deposit and learn another life lesson

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks