• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well.....I just bought a Deuce....tell me what you think.

StreetbikeDepot

I've been watching the auction for some time know, and today I got a little carried away with my bidding....I think....let me know.

Here it is, these are the pics off GL and the description:

AM GENERAL M35A2 2. 5 TON CARGO TRUCK W/ WINCH, 2103 MILES, 992 HRS. WILL START & RUN

Attachments

StreetbikeDepot

The mileage seams low, the overall condition looks good, and its supposed to run and drive.....I won the bid for $3k, how do you think I done? Not sure what year it is, I thought they used to put the model year in the description.

chicklin

I think you probably did well given the mileage and hours. $3k is more than I wanted to pay through GL, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it. Just think about what you're getting for $3k.....pretty good deal, I'd say. The thing I've found out about these trucks is that they're worth only what they're worth to you. So if $3k was good price to you then you got a good deal.

Elwenil

Nice looking Deuce.

Is it just me, or does that Deuce seem to have an extraordinarily large amount of black in it's 3 color NATO pattern?

desertfox

This came out of Tinker?
When I went to pick up my truck several weeks ago I thought at first this was mine because the lot numbers was the same. Then I noticed the event ID was different. Nice truck. I look at it while I was there. I think you did just fine for this nice winch truck.
And yes, now it needs a companion.

StreetbikeDepot

Yep...Tinker

I havent viewed it in person yet, when they say it runs and drives can I literally drive it off the lot, or do they want me to tow it away?

So I guess when you guys say it needs a companion your mean......? A trailer.....another deuce...LOL

If i'm reading my tape measure right, I should be able to fit my jeep in the bed......anyone hauled a Jeep on the back of your Duece before?

jimm1009

Well you will just have to make the Jeep look a little more like it's older brother that will be joining it soon. Post the VIN and we can tell you who made it and what year it is.
Color wise, they just ran out of the green and brown, it looks like.

That seems like a fair price for a winch truck that runs and drives although that would be tops for me coming from G.L.
They are more in demand so they are going up in price to match.
Any one remember the $400 2.5 tons?

Jim