• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well its time to make a post

bubba_got_you

Well its time to make a post.
[FONT=&quot]Well some of you know I have taken my m37 back apart to “rework” it lol I call it that because it is not a all stock rebuild. Well here are some of the pix and you can ask questions on what you want to know lol. [/FONT]the underside and firewall of the cab was sprayed with a sound dampener to quiet the ride dow. the motor was repainted. the air cleaner was replaced with one designed for a snorkel. and everything was resealed and all fluades replaced. [FONT=&quot] ALL new wiring witch is wrapped in a wire coating to protect it. [/FONT]

Attachments

Last edited:

dc3coyote

You cant use that excuse, I have offered you my shop several times. Its even airconditioned.
I have no problem moving the 109 outside when you want to work on it.

Besides I think you may be right to leave the M37 at home, I would hate to see you stuck in the mud, AGAIN

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Nice job, I really like your choice of motor!! (Polyhead 318 ) Looks great!

Weiand has started producing an aluminum four barrel intake manifold again for it. TTI makes headers for the Polyhead too, but cast manifolds are just fine for your app.

bubba_got_you

You cant use that excuse, I have offered you my shop several times. Its even airconditioned.
I have no problem moving the 109 outside when you want to work on it.

Besides I think you may be right to leave the M37 at home, I would hate to see you stuck in the mud, AGAIN
[FONT=&quot]LIES!!!! Lets remember how I got stuck SHAL WE!! I WAS PULLING YOUR STUCK PIECE OF JUNK OUT! lol [/FONT]and the only reason it wont be there is if its sold or if i dont make it.

Attachments

bubba_got_you

Hi,

Nice job, I really like your choice of motor!! (Polyhead 318 ) Looks great!

Weiand has started producing an aluminum four barrel intake manifold again for it. TTI makes headers for the Polyhead too, but cast manifolds are just fine for your app.
[FONT=&quot]Oh ya it’s a great motor. The truck has never left me wanting I have driven it 2 hours to ritchlome and 8houres on trails and 2 hours home with the truck smiling ALL the way. It cruses at 60 comfortably and roars like a tiger. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]when i first got the motor it had 3 bent rods and bad sparkplugs/wires but it still started and ran (it didn’t run good but it ran). [/FONT]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[FONT=&quot]LIES!!!! Lets remember how I got stuck SHAL WE!! I WAS PULLING YOUR STUCK PIECE OF JUNK OUT! lol [/FONT]and the only reason it wont be there is if its sold or if i dont make it.
Hehe, I think I saw both of those trucks at the end of my tow strap before!!!!!

As for weather, 250 days a year the temps are above 90 as is the humidity. Just sucks here most of the year. When I lived in OH I complained about how cold wrenches get in the winter. Let me tell you something, it doesn't compare to how hot they get in the sun. Can you say blistering?

Mark@Sea

Bubba, your 'before' pics look better than the "restored" M37 I bought a few weeks ago!

One thing I need to do is pull the bed and repaint - so, whats involved in pulling the bed off?