• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well its time to make a post

bubba_got_you

Bubba, your 'before' pics look better than the "restored" M37 I bought a few weeks ago!

One thing I need to do is pull the bed and repaint - so, whats involved in pulling the bed off?
[FONT=&quot]Well my before was after a year of work and figuring out how I wanted things to look (I wanted it to look good but I wanted to figure out how I wanted to do things before I did my “build”). The bed is simple its 6 bolts and your off but don’t forget the gas tank filler tube you have to unhook that too. [/FONT]the pick in this one is my true "before"

Attachments

bubba_got_you

ok time for an update
the headlights are powder coated and on the truck and the cab inside has been sprayed the gauges are in and the truck is finish wired. next week i will have the bed on and painted and data plates orders as well as the stencils for the stars and #'s and the drive shaft u-joints are in and the shafts are installed. now i am waiting on odiron to send me the right u-joints for the prop shaft not 2 more drive shaft u-joints.

Attachments

ralbelt

I may just take you up on that, I'm hopeing to be down sometime in feb. I won't make the rally either, no day passes this year, and i'm not sure when of for how long i'll be there.

bubba_got_you

Really well done.
[FONT=&quot]Well the it looks better when its not covered in dust. My neighbor is having her house worked on so there is lots of dust on the truck. [/FONT]the running lights will get powder coated this week then i can put the bed on this week end and paint it, then it gets the stars.

G-Force

BUBBA!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThAT is one "UGLY" truck!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbzup]
Oh yeah...........I think you need a steering wheel. 8)
Keep them pictures comin!!!!!

bubba_got_you

BUBBA!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThAT is one "UGLY" truck!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbzup]
Oh yeah...........I think you need a steering wheel. 8)
Keep them pictures comin!!!!!
ya its on my "need to buy list but i dont really want to shell out $130 for one right now lol i will have the bed on this week end so i will post pix Sunday night

ugagastro

looks great.
I am having a bit of trouble figuring out the metal hardware attachment and where they go for the troop seats.....got wood info from Garbee but cant find good pics of metal attachments etc. Headache board mountings etc. Hope someone can help with pics or info. on an existing site.....thanks

bubba_got_you

*[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
looks great.
I am having a bit of trouble figuring out the metal hardware attachment and where they go for the troop seats.....got wood info from Garbee but cant find good pics of metal attachments etc. Headache board mountings etc. Hope someone can help with pics or info. on an existing site.....thanks
[FONT=&quot]
Have you tried tom at snake river 4x4? [/FONT]
he has all the seat stuff

ugagastro

I got my seat stuff from him however his paperwork is only of the wood from Garbee....hoping to see photos of the headache rack area from a member who already has it....admittedly haven't asked Tom for pics of installationaua thanks for reply!