• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, my deuce is sitting in my shop!

Oilleaker1

After 70 days of GL, I drove my deuce home yesterday. It's a winch model '71 GPD model. Got to Ellsworth and Ray was a real nice guy. Tried to tell me after I got it running that it was the wrong truck-------Yuk Yuk. Dead batteries and a blown fuel pump fuse. Of course one of the 3 studs on the fuse cover was already stripped. D turbo and had so much power it didn't slow on hills at speed. Put my ear plugs in -----I'm not as tough as I thought. Got to honk my air horn at some kids giving me the sign to honk-----they liked it. Did the initial search of all compartments and was awestruck! 3 air hoses and handles, one air hose with tool chuck, jack and handle, two huge chains, two huge snatchblocks, road triangles, tool bag full of proto tools, bag of shear pins, extra gladhand, and the most amazing, under the passenger seat was the original radio mount and coax for the antenna!!!:jumpin:In the back was brand new top bows and the angle bracket for the wheel chocks. 2 sets of the fiberglass uprights. No crew seats, but got the cargo bed cover too. My wifes camera has some pictures in it, but I guess I have to create a album to post. Is that how you do it? PS-----at speed discovered a new species of Wasp----" Deuce Wasps " I think they liked the ride cause they left me alone. I feel good! John

gunboy1656

Sounds like you made out pretty good, wish mine came loaded, Oh well.

As for uploading pics, you will see a link on the page that says "manage attachments", it's right under the smileys.

airmech3839

good job and congrats!! But we here take no excuses for no pics so in good formnopics

sorry we are rerquired by law to put that up.... hehehehehe

again congrats!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You can upload pictures in this thread-look beneath the quick post box you type in for a button that says manage attachments.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks