• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well Shes getting naked! Camper Part Deaux!

Mos68x

I’ve loved seeing the updates on your build but I’m even happier to say that I finally have the money to officially start my project.

SGT LongT

redman333

So not sure if I missed it but what’s the overall length on the camper box? Also got any pics of the interior finished. I don’t think I saw that either.

Very nice build by the way. I like your ideas on the pass through I was thinking about doing the same. Didn’t seem too terrible difficult when thinking about it but it’s nice to see it’s been done and can see it. Thanks for sharing everything you’ve done along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NOPE,NOPE AND NOPE I put my everything into what I do but I usually only do it only once also, my oldest son is 21 he helped alot and they (him and girlfriend) come with us everywhere we go when we go camping in 5 ton, it gets a lil cramped with 5 in the 5 ton, and I really wanted something a lil smaller to just Drop and Go sometimes and to get into the mountain trails up north to camp. It was fun doing it, but its also something I only want to do once, averaging 6 days a week for 9 months from 5-10 pm gets old quickly.
Was/Is there a thread on your 5 tom build?

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
In between the frame rails under camper welded to the floor cross members. 100+ water think 30 gray 30 sewage.
That was my plan, then I found the winch cables run there :-(

You list your sound deadener as gator skin, did you mean lizard skin? Can't find gator skin anywhere.

Duckworthe

I was looking at the pics. Very nice build. I see that you welded your tanks into the floor, did you notch the tanks to fit around the xmembers in the truck frame?

Niuhi

Wow what a great thread, thanks for all the posts. What I would really like to see and hear more about is the cab. You list some of the products I am planning on using, but list many others I hadn't thought of. Would love to see photos what you did especially the walls and roof. What did you do for seating?

coachgeo

Have you driven her enough in various stages to give feedback on MPG

. before axle ratio changes
. after axle ratio changes
. after camper box installed
. after air slip clam shell added to cab roof

very curious the various changes these gave you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks