• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well that's funny (fuel filter)

dcwilkie

I was well on my way to changing the primary fuel filter when I noticed it has the same canister installed as the secondaries. Is this a fairly common field mod? It makes sense to me from a logistics standpoint 'cause you only need the one type of fuel filter.
BTW, I went to drain fuel out of it and all I got was a gurgling sound and a short squirt of fuel- then it stopped completely. Boy is it plugged up!

I had to hold the pedal to the floor to get enough revs to change gears. I really fell down on that part of my PM.

A note on removal- it looks to me to be a whole lot easier to unbolt the whole thing and disconnect the fuel lines than try to remove the canister by itself. Same for the secondaries. I feel I'll also be assured of getting a good seal on the canister that way.:hammer:

Sure is easier to work on than my Chrysler Concorde!

armytruck63

My deuce seems to also have a bigger than normal primary filter. I bought a NAPA filter for it (not installed yet) and the filter I bought looks too small.

Heavysteven

I just lossen mine up top then leave the closed end wrench on it. Then spin the filter housing off.

Taking fuel lines apart could lead to more problems

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The two filters on the motor should be the same. The primary under the alt should be shorter, maybe half the height of the ones on the motor.

Edit, some of the newer re-usable filters are the same height, but the bottom of the filter's mounting surface should be pressed in a few inches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks