• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well this is not good, GP hiking fees!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Opened my email this morning and got a new reason to stop shopping at GL
With that and taxes adds 25% + CC fee of the total!
Dear valued customer,

We want to make you aware that effective June 1st, 2020 we will be adjusting our buyer transaction fees for purchases made on GovPlanet to a two-tiered structure to take into account increased handling costs for general surplus lots.

Successful bidders are required to pay a transaction fee based on each lot’s final selling price:
• $1 to $10,000 – 15% of the final selling price
• $10,001 and up – 10% of the final selling price (min $1,500)

We sincerely appreciate your business and your interest in GovPlanet. If you have questions regarding the buyer transaction fee changes, please contact our Customer Service Group:

Customer Care Agents are available Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time) CustomerService@GovPlanet.com

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What nonsense return did they promise Uncle? And they sell those $100,000 LMTV s at Hawaii for $1000. They are losing their ass.

SecoParts

Supporting Vendor
Ridiculous. First they inflate the price of all surplus, and now they raise the fees on the prices that are inflated.

FloridaAKM

Might be time to rethink our purchases from GP. We as a lot, have spent a very large sum of money from GP, some of you guys are happy with the transactions & some not so happy due to the way we are treated. Now they want to increase the fees percentage, on top of the last addition of charging credit card fees under $5K (no CC over $5K).

I am not a bottomless money pit & with retirement looming in the next 6 months, maybe intervention is the way I will chose. Buying more stuff from GP is getting ridiculous as far & service & money is concerned.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Government Liquidation aka Liquidation Services had those fees at auction of Square D in Peru Indiana about 2 weeks ago (actually higher fees). Their pictures showed tools and parts in boxes, but 99.9% of the people could not preview anything. I found that I was banned from bidding because about last october I bid on, won and paid for a $12 item that was at Bloomington IU, then my 95 year old dad got ill and had several long hospital stays...and I could not pick up the item. I called multiple times to the IU contact and he understood, said "no problem". I believed they would keep my money as "liqidated damages". I found out one day befor the Square D auction (where I used to work in engineering) that there was an additional fee of $4 that had to be paid by a certified check sent by mail. It cut me out of the auction all together...AND I AM SO GLAD IT DID.

Because of former connections, my friend and I got a private showing (he was not banned like me because of a $4 fee). We went through 2 plants and found that some large items, like 40 cabinets full of tooling and parts were not listed in the sale bill but had auction numbers on them. Many big ticket items were entirely missing in the sales literature (on line ). It looked like the "Liquidity Services" was stealing this stuff to our Square D management. Our friend made an issue with Liquidity and several of the items were put onto the final auction. My associate went to $16,000 on the cabinets and lost them....so someone knew what was inside...not visible in photo's. Another friend bought some of the individual cabinets that were shown full of tools.

When friend 2 got there (after paying in full of course), the cabinets were empty. So were some of the boxes that showed tooling. Mad as H he contacted Liquidity and was simply told tough crap...that the pictures were showing only the cabinet and did not include the tools....yet all the items (except the ones not listed in the sale) showed drawers, open, full of tooling. The descriptions were notably missing any breakdown of what you were bidding on.

This was a HUGE deception (18% + 7 tax = +25%), so while you remember the fond days of Government Liquidation, don't in any way shape or form think that Liquidity Servvices is more honest than Richie Brothers....they are not and I'm so glad that $4 kept me from bidding....a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just paid $30 for a box... sort of

boxo.jpg
Final Sale Price 30.00

Transaction Fee 4.50

State Sales Tax - 6.5% - Kansas 2.24

City Sales Tax - 3.25% - Junction City 1.12

Total US $37.86

Since I used a CC bonus fee US $1.12

true Total payment: US $38.98

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks