• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went on a Group Trail Ride today.

IRWFO

A group of us from the Nassau and Suffolk MV Clubs got together for a day of trail riding through Connetquot State Park. I think it's around 900 acres of dirt trails used by horse riders and hikers. The temp was crisp in the mid 30's with some wind to make it feel colder. Very few horseback riders and only a couple of hikers were seen all day. There sure were a lot of White Tail Deer around to see. Like the squirrels around my house the deer were fat. I think we are going to be in for a cold snow bound winter.

Vehicle list: M880, (2) M1009's, M151, (2) M35's & a '57 Oshkosh Dump. It's mostly flat through the trees driving with a little bit of ice covered mud holes thrown in for fun. We don't really have any place legal to go off road on Long Island so this is a big treat for us.

Here are some photos of our group. All a bunch of good guys. I have a little video I'll post in a few.

Attachments

spentshell

That was cool, lets do it again. I had to second think some of those bridges we crossed, glad I wasnt the heaviest truck. It took me about an hour to hose all the mud off :-D.

BobM

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing! I am a midwestener and never thought that you would have a place like that to drive your trucks near your place.
Now around here, that would be one of our BETTER county roads!:wink:

No.2Diesel

Thanks for posting the pics IRWFO. Had a lot of fun.

I got to practice my "Dukes of Hazzard" driving style in the Deuce.:p Spentshell knows what I mean.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in East Patchogue for a while and one of my main deals was "look at all this wilderness no one can use" (talking about out on 27 headed to the east end) (I was working in the Hamptons)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks