• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went to Mow the Grass

TB58

Will probably visit in the spring, but won't move back (or have my Deuce up there) for at least another 2 years. I am hoping that the Army will see fit to send me back up there, but may have to wait until I retire in just under 5 years.

TB58

So I have to say this trip is really what I think of Alaska combined with a Deuce. Makes me want to acquire a cargo when I head back up.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Interior is a good place for the winter front & fuel burning heaters. Also the NDT's are notoriously terrible on ice & hard pack. I have front & rear, rear axle switched to Goodyear G124 radials. Haven't found the next four yet, but its a lot better. A set of chains trumps all tires though, Winter, as well as Summer

71DeuceAK

Absolutely will do! Neat to see another member living in Delta Junction; my dad and I are looking at a house there. 6 acres, perfect for a wannabe M/V collector! Would love to meet up with some fellow Deuceophiles!

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting, thanks for the post and pictures. I remember my days with an M 135 towing heavy loads and plowing snow. foot on the floor a lot, working the transmission shift lever between hilly and level to keep upshifts from happening too soon. That engine and transmission took a beating and kept on working fine but I kept up good maintenance and used good sense when driving it. I changed out the engine oil in the transmission, replacing it with Dexron ATF at the advice of a tech who worked on them and had no failures. Slow speed, hills slower! When we went to multifuels, especially turned up, what a difference! We have had excellent luck with them for years.
I hope your place continues to give you much enjoyment!
Regards Martin