• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We're Baaaaaack!

TMNT

......and what the heck happened? I'm sure the forum masters have been hard at work to recover, but we're curious about what took the site down. Thanks for getting the site back up and running. I was having withdrawal symptoms!!

Last edited:

TMNT

Yep, I'm using TTalk also. I haven't tried to access with a PC yet.

Very glad to have the site back though. Kudos to those who got it fixed!

jeeplvr247

On willysmjeeps they said it was a cooling fan or something. I was going through withdrawal the whole time it was down. I need my steelsoldiers fix.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Actually, it was a solar flare that erupted and fried the noffer trunion in the server.

That issue was quickly resolved but the newly installed noffer trunion unit was rejected by the web's phase detractor and therefore the web page would not load.

The staff was able to use a combination of geek tactics, voodoo, and magic spells to get the systems synchronized and back on track.

Sorta like house cleaning.

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're back up.

The short of it...

CPU fan died and took down the server. We were dead in the water until the hardware was repaired. When the server came back up, some of the software was corrupted. (PHP) Got that reinstalled, then had some other issues afterwards. We're back up and running now. I just re-enabled all the hooks and add ons to the site.

I've still got a few things to address behind the scenes.

Also I'm sorry for all the people that have tried to email me. The site was emailing me 61 times a minute (Once per second). So a lot of people probably were getting error messages when they tried emailing me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks