• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Westfolk's primary fuel filter review

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son got me the primary fuel filter setup Westfolk puts out as a Christmas gift. He was going to get me a 1 inch gear wrench to deal with my stock filter system, but I'm glad he went this route!

When I brought my deuce home from GL I changed all the fuel filters. Ever since then the primary has come loose multiple times. You can tell when it's happening because the truck takes more than a couple cranks to start up. In the 7 months I've had her home we have tightened the filter 3 times.

So after the family had gone home and off to play with their new Christmas gifts, my son and I went out to swap in the new spin on. We took about 25 minutes total - 15 minutes involved getting tools and putting them away. It can be done a lot faster than we did it, but we worked by flashlight.

To install you just drain the old filter canister and remove. Take off the two fuel lines with a 3/4 inch wrench and unbolt the housing from the frame with a 9/16th. Toss that crap. Take the new filter mount and conect the lines hand tight. Bolt it to the frame with your old bolts and nuts. Tighten the fuel lines down completely. Westfolk has installed all the brass fittings in the proper place and used thread tape. I filled the new NAPA filter with fuel, but you probably don't need to.

Started right away with no leaks. Much more room around the alternator.

I highly recommend.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a note for all....( I know Dug, you just forgot to put it in)...after you mount it to the frame tighten the fuel lines that were just "hand tight".
Fixed. Can't wait for the oil filters!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics? Westfolk put out a VIDEO already, WTF do you need still shots for? **** butter bar can't think right with all that cold and snow...........................

rat4spd

Pics? Westfolk put out a VIDEO already, WTF do you need still shots for? **** butter bar can't think right with all that cold and snow...........................

Are you not the OP? Well, then you, as said OP are obligated to post your own pics, and not quote links to videos, or pics which are in your likeness, however true to your vehicle they may be, as they are not original to you.

Senior Chiefs.............incapable of original thought......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks