• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What 13K$ In LED Tail Lights Looks Like.

Westech

CPL
This is what 13K$ in tail lights looks like.
I had 2 laying around my work area that had defective Cams in them.
I had to put them to good use.
This is my "truck" that I get around in. Not too bad... I cranked the injection pump and
she can do 35 KPH now.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you traveled 6800 (+/-) miles to change a couple of light bulbs? Nice!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you replace the defective cams with some type of race cam? Roller maybe? My lights are the camless version.

Westech

CPL
Kenny that is a Check 6 taillight. They have cameras in them. I cant get in to details on what kind or how they work. You will see that the covers are closed in the picture.
'
O and you FREAK shows who canned my "westy is going to the Stan" post because of opsec, dont get in a bind. you have NO IDEA how it works. It should have never been canned. so dont freak out on this. I am here you are not!

crazywelder72

Kenny that is a Check 6 taillight. They have cameras in them. I cant get in to details on what kind or how they work. You will see that the covers are closed in the picture.
'
O and you FREAK shows who canned my "westy is going to the Stan" post because of opsec, dont get in a bind. you have NO IDEA how it works. It should have never been canned. so dont freak out on this. I am here you are not!
I'm guessing thermal imaging and the covers are protecting the germanium lens. My geek factor is in over drive now. Time to research.

3dAngus

China for $16??? They probably work better than Westechs too, and he paid $13,000.00 for his. I'm gonna go there now and buy two sets, and put one set on the front. That way, I can see where I'm going.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I found references to those Check 6 lights recently when I was looking around for ideas for a reverse gear camera for my M923. I eventually settled on a commercial-grade reverse camera system which I will install under the bed somewhere (hopefully providing a view of the pintle to make hitching a trailer easier), but I considered mounting a camera inside a tail light housing after seeing the Check 6 lights. If good housings from dead Check 6 systems are available, they might make nice housings for home-made reverse gear camera systems on surplus MVs.

I also found another picture of the Check 6 lights with a slightly different housing design. Instead of the rotating metal cover plate, the camera lens was covered with an ordinary flip-up rifle scope cover. It had what appeared to be ordinary round LEDs in place of the cats-eye blackout lights. Maybe that one was an earlier prototype before they finalized their plastics?

Here are two pictures that I found online in BAE literature.

Attachments

crazywelder72

sure... but i'll probally get a infraction for it.. anyhow... i got a camera like this. they are designed to mount across the top of a lic plate. i mounted mine on the inside of my back bumper using some standoffs i made so just the camera isnt sticking to far out. then I have a 7" LCD monitor in my cab. Both i have running of a 24vlt to 12vlt converter that has a max output of 20amps. Far more than i need.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks