• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What 13K$ In LED Tail Lights Looks Like.

crazywelder72

China for $16??? They probably work better than Westechs too, and he paid $13,000.00 for his. I'm gonna go there now and buy two sets, and put one set on the front. That way, I can see where I'm going.
actually I considered having a second one mounted up in the grill looking down at my winch. That way i can use the pto from the cab without a second person watching it winding.

the monitor has video 1 and video 2 inputs.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Kenny that is a Check 6 taillight. They have cameras in them. I cant get in to details on what kind or how they work. You will see that the covers are closed in the picture.
'
O and you FREAK shows who canned my "westy is going to the Stan" post because of opsec, dont get in a bind. you have NO IDEA how it works. It should have never been canned. so dont freak out on this. I am here you are not!
I canned it, the PEOPLE that ASKED me to, I have a lot more RESECPT for as to OPSEC then you, the request was backed up by GOOD reasons, and a GOOD EXPLANATION in detail for each reason. There MILITILY CREDENTIALS (23 years worth) far OVER SHADOW yours, I would like to ERROR on the side that some of your post and pics might at worse get someone KILLED, at best AIDING the EMENY, then not do something that resulted in an AMERICAN death or injury, or any aid to the people that want to cause us harm.

I disagree on not knowing how it works, common sense would tell anyone to keep your mouth shut and you camera put away, your a hired wrench, that's it, If you were in the KNOW of real in depth OPSEC you sure would not be having the AMERICAN tax payer paying you the tax free wrench turner pay you get.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, don't walk behind a truck with those taillights and take a leak. Next thing you know, you'll be on the "Adult Internet" sites. :shock:

KsM715

China for $16??? They probably work better than Westechs too, and he paid $13,000.00 for his. I'm gonna go there now and buy two sets, and put one set on the front. That way, I can see where I'm going.

No, we paid for them. (I know his boss the contractor paid for them but it's us taxpayers that pay the contracts)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Did you replace the defective cams with some type of race cam? Roller maybe? My lights are the camless version.
Obviously either the "3/4 race cam" or an old 30/30 Duntov.

Bet there aren't many here who have any idea what those are. :D

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the guys name is Ed Winfield. He started out making motorcycle cams with individual lobes pinned to a shaft. When he first made automotive camshafts, he was using a homemade cam grinder his mother gave him the money to buy. It was a grinder he converted into a cam grind machine by adding a rocker table. He reground Ford Model T camshafts into racing specifications. At first, he first made only two masters... a SEMI race and a FULL race grind. He later made a 3rd master that had more duration and lift than the SEMI but less than the FULL. He then used the FULL race master as an intake and the new master as an exhaust. He called this new reground camshaft a 3/4 race cam. He said it was three quarters of the way to a full race cam. He worked with the then famous Miller Racing engines and later with Offenhauser. Now you know (the rest of the story).

ED Winfield is also mentioned in Ed Iskenderian's biography:

ISKY Racing Cams - Do It Right. Race with the Legend. Camshafts, Connecting Rods, Valve Springs, Lifters

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back up camera +++

Speaking of backup cameras, hows about a camera on the towbar!

Check out this vid - interesting part from 1:00.....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0QT1biy8-g&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Edit for 319: No idea on the turbo - but I'm sure there are loads of factoids on the Leopard 2 ..... And yes, it does really sound good!

Last edited:

crazywelder72

Speaking of backup cameras, hows about a camera on the towbar!

Check out this vid - interesting part from 1:00.....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0QT1biy8-g&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Edit for 319: No idea on the turbo - but I'm sure there are loads of factoids on the Leopard 2 ..... And yes, it does really sound good!
thats very simmilar to how difficult it is for me to hook up my pickup to my boat trailer with the camera. i can just zip right in.... creep the last 6 inches or so, then just get out to lock it on the ball.

Westech

CPL
No, we paid for them. (I know his boss the contractor paid for them but it's us taxpayers that pay the contracts)
That is not 100% correct. How the contracts work is we are under the 401ST maintenance. They pay for all the parts and tools. We are just a couple of Hired wrenches. So the Military buys the parts, I install them and or rebuild them.
And this may help some of you. I have started to rebuild the diff's in MATV's and not just replace them. They save the military around $12K each one I do. I have been doing about 2 a month sense I got here.
I have also designed and made a cable mount for a fuel truck that is saving around $100K in unneeded repairs. I made a power point and submitted it to TACOM. I have repaired all but 2 tankers on my fob and the other fobs are starting to build my bracket.
Not too bad for a Hired Wrench.

3dAngus

The cost comparison was meant as a joke. These are a little more sophisticated but nothing new. BAE has been displaying and marketing these publicly since 2007 as being compatible with existing military vehicles taillight systems for over 200,000 vehicles. They matket them internationally.
I can't speak as for what countries are authorized buyers.

KsM715

That is not 100% correct. How the contracts work is we are under the 401ST maintenance. They pay for all the parts and tools. We are just a couple of Hired wrenches. So the Military buys the parts, I install them and or rebuild them.
And this may help some of you. I have started to rebuild the diff's in MATV's and not just replace them. They save the military around $12K each one I do. I have been doing about 2 a month sense I got here.
I have also designed and made a cable mount for a fuel truck that is saving around $100K in unneeded repairs. I made a power point and submitted it to TACOM. I have repaired all but 2 tankers on my fob and the other fobs are starting to build my bracket.
Not too bad for a Hired Wrench.

The point is, we the taxpayers, are paying 13k for something that I'm sure could be done for considerably less.

Westech

CPL
Nope. I am SURE the military and Government have done research and found bids to get the price as low as can be. Our Government does not wast a dime.

If you really want to loose sleep at night I can tell you how much one 90* fitting for RPG nets cost..... $245.00 like a tent poll fitting lol man RIGHT up the Tail Pipe!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westy, bring me a lense off one of those junk lights, I can build my own. I'll quit talking about lugnuts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks