• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What 6.2 engine is this???

andytk5

This went for auction in the 650.00 range when another 6.2 was 170.00, plus I have never seen on listed as a 6.2 with what seems to be a crossover pipe in the backside with a turbine housing and turbo with inlet tube running in between the intake banks in the valley of the motor???

andytk5

Thats the EPA version of the 6.2. It routes the exhaust into the intake.
Lol!

Thanks guys, i guess from hmmv's? seems like these would be great upgrades in the m1008-9's after the 6.2 has had it, though I am not sure what the firewall clearance would be in keeping that setup, prob have to go to to the pass side.

Chief_919

Lol!

Thanks guys, i guess from hmmv's? seems like these would be great upgrades in the m1008-9's after the 6.2 has had it, though I am not sure what the firewall clearance would be in keeping that setup, prob have to go to to the pass side.
You can't convert a center mount turbo to a side mount- not unless you also change heads anyway.

jj

Same turbo set-up as on the civilian full size van. Not TOO bad to work on after the doghouse inside comes off. It would not fit a Blazer or Pickup by probably several inches at the firewall.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That my friends is a marine 6.5. I have seen a few of those mounted in work boats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks