• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What about parts for the Deuce?

Stoner63

Are things like break drums available for the duce. What happens if you need to replace a break drum? Are parts like this available? I have a chance to pick up a good condition M35A2 locally, but am worried about parts. Want to eventually restore it although its in really good shape.

welldigger

There were so many of these trucks made thst parts trucks are everywhere. Most of the common wear parts are still currently being manufactured. Things like brake shoes can be relined at local shops. Drums are hard to wear out and are common. They may be a take off but plenty are out there. Rockwell axles are wildly popular in the off road world so parts are very easy to come by.

A conservative guess would be the parts supply will be plentiful enough for the next 10-15 years.

3dAngus

The M35A2 had over 300,000 made and are located in over 30 countries, where, for the most part, they are still in use today.
They probably will be used for another 30 years.
Parts are not going to be hard to come by, but you might have to order some specialty parts from Vietnam or Brazil 20 years down the road.

I wouldn't worry about parts. The M35A2 is going to be around for a long, long time.

Oh, and if it "Breaks", it's broke. If it's brakes, it goes on a truck for stopping power.
Duce is deuce. Seems to be very common spelling errors on this board.

nmwildman013

If you have the room - buy a parts truck. I bought one because I found one cheap figuring I wouldn't have much use for it and I find myself picking off it all the time. Sometimes it's for me and sometimes for friends in need (lots of my buds have deuces).

ATPTac

Some parts, albeit a very limited amount, can even be had at your local auto parts stores such as NAPA.
Yup, I just ordered 6 wheel cylinders from NAPA. I was initially going to get them online, but turns out with my dealership discount they were considerably cheaper from NAPA. Now I just need to find a cheap source for DOT 5...