• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Air Ride seat base ?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The cab has air suspension. Not much room to add a seat base the seats are basically on rails that are bolted to the cab floor. You might look into a more padded seat but the truck is a pretty comfortable ride as it is. Especially compared to the older trucks.

quickfarms

There are low profile air ride seat bases made for the medium duty trucks that are about 3" or 4" tall.

They are pricey but I have a few extras that might be available

snowtrac nome

the things ride pretty good I see no reason for air ride. ive herd tail if you sit too long in the seats they get un comfortable a good set of mastercraft suspension seats like the off road market uses will cure that. we had master craft seats in the trucks equipped with lsa cabs and I could sleep sitting up in them.

Duckworthe

I also use suspension seats. Works very well. I've sat in them for many hours racing Baja. MasterCraft seats are amazing but there are others just as good and cheaper. They use 550 cord stretched around the framework to support your backside. They will last just as long as any seat will. And you can get them almost any color, fabric choice, custom embroidery, on and on and on.

coachgeo

Does anyone make a fold down suspension seat? A tilt Forward? Ask cause want to put a bench seat in back that folds out to a bed so need to keep the low profile of the existing seats folded or a seat that tilts forward to allow for that.

Duckworthe

Playing with that now . What did you do for a mount ?

View attachment 668547
I used a square sheet of aluminum that spanned the factory floor mounts. I attached it to the seat and then put it in the truck and then put it where I wanted I, marked floor mount bolt holes on the aluminum, drilled the holes and bolted the seat down. Bam done! I also used a set of sliders so my GF can drive also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks