• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Alternator is This?

darr3239

What Alternator is This? I'm ignorant of electrical engine stuff so maybe the parts on top aren't part of the alternator itself?

e00r0r_jJk07wunAE_600x450a.jpg

infidel got me

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but do the huvvee alt. have the same melt down problems as the cummins alt? I don't see as many reported regulator problems as with the 5 ton trucks. Would it be possible or has anyone tried a delco replacement? I was just asking because my buddy has purchased a Humvee from g.p. (waiting on paper work clearance) ha ha and the alt. is missing. Mods if you feel this is not in the right forum please move as needed Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To add, that is the old school 100 amp alternator made by Leece Neville. The new style 100 amp alternator is made by C. E. Niehoff. The older type is reliable. The HMMWV came with the 60 amp alternator, which is shared with the 5 ton. Shelter carrier and ambulance HMMWVs came with the 100 amp alt in the picture originally.

papakb

One of the engineers at Southern Automotive Current contractor) told me they ship 30,000 alternators a year to the Army so it doesn't look like your 5 ton failure rate is any different than the rest of the 60 amp world.

Kurt