• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What am I missing here..

URSATDX

New to me Bobbed A3.
What seems to be part of the crankcase ventilation system appears
to be missing a hose that connects to the the top of the housing.
It looks as though it should have some type of spin on filter on the base.
Tried parts search using TMs but nothing.
Any thougts and thanks in advance.

Attachments

URSATDX

Thanks jasonjc
Can you help me identify the part or part # or describe what it does.
Where the missing hose might supply oil from?
I've been driving this a bit as it is and don't want the damage an already expensive truck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried to identify using the TMs here at the site but to no avail.
Thanks again,
TDX

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are not missing a filter. The CAT 3116 engine is utilized in a lot of different applications. In the A3, the left side filter is not used. The engine oil filter is on the right side of the engine. However, the cross over tube has been removed. It also is not used in the A3 application, you should plug the end fittings.

URSATDX

Thanks 59.
I was able to identify the breather assy using the TMs description of the associated gasket.
Will cover both openings.
Thanks for the help.

You are not missing a filter. The CAT 3116 engine is utilized in a lot of different applications. In the A3, the left side filter is not used. The engine oil filter is on the right side of the engine. However, the cross over tube has been removed. It also is not used in the A3 application, you should plug the end fittings.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks