• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are everyone's thoughts on 4-door M35A2 crew cabs ?

Rob01

Speaking on structural integrity, are the two cabs merged together reinforced adequately ?

Last edited:

rustystud

There's been several 4 door Deuce's made up here. One even here in Washington state.
They look really cool if done right and seem to be very structurally sound. If I had the body work skills to do it, I would do it to my Deuce.

V8srfun

if done right structure would be more than adequate. I think they look cool but the juice doesn’t seem to be worth the squeeze. If I was looking to regularly haul 4 people I don’t think the deuce would be the vehicle of choice.

rustystud

T
I had an A3 that did not build but did some repair on before selling. It wasn’t done properly and you could feel the floor flex slightly when you crossed a ditch on an angle. View attachment 889474View attachment 889475View attachment 889476
The whole cab must be solidly supported above the frame since the Deuce frame flex's a lot. Remember the Deuces frame is "not" hardened so it flex's more than a normal truck chassis will. A three-point mounting system seems to work the best also. Two in front and one in the middle in back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks