• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are "Normal" Noises for the Deuce

Tackettr

I periodically hear what sounds like and air valve closing or opening while driving my duece. I hope it is not my front axle since it is air operated. I was thinking it might be the compressor kicking on and off like an A/C compressor might do on a car. Also, about 10-15 seconds after I shut the motor off there is a release of pressure under the hood. Are these sounds normal?? Thanks.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: What are "Normal" Noises for the Duece

I would say that the pres. release is normal . Mine does the same thing. I`m sure others here will know more than I.

Neil

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

It sounds like you are describing the sounds that the air governor makes. All normal.

Lorax

Mine do the pssst air sound after shutdown too. People say these things make a lot of noise, but the giggling coming from the cab always drowns others noises out.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noises? There shouldn't be any noises. These are stealthy and undectable military vehicles designed to sneak up on the enemy. You better get yours checked out ASAP! ...lol

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Any noise that bangs that you can hear over the "rrrrRRRRROOOOAAAAARRRrrrrr" should be investigated.

rmgill

You'll have to get used to it, then you'll notice that some things are out of place. I heard the odd sheet metal sound that I initially thought was a loose nut somewhere on a fender. Then, after a fuel stop, it was pronounced during load on the engine in 5th gear, both in HIGH and low range...that was a strong clue I had a transmission problem. 5th Gear had lost a tooth.

saddamsnightmare

July 18th, 2008.

rofl

Sounds like the Air Compressor Governor to me...... You'll get used to the normal sounds your truck makes, BUT when it comes up with a new one, you'd better look quick or the problems can grow exponentially.....! Remember, if you're an old deuce driver, you probably can't hear anything anyway!! [thumbzup]

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp. M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gas Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB

chuck500cc

Mine sometimes would sound like I left half the wrenches under the hood and there were times the times the thing was as quiet as can be be. Nothing but "C" turbo.

Chuck XD Fan

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, Based on conversations in the Mess Tent(chat), I'm pretty sure YOUR "Normal " might be different that most peoples "Normal" ! :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks