• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the coolant hoses sizes for an M998?

Eslurf

Yes I know the part number, but I’m planning on buying lengths of universal red silicone braided hose (good stuff, not the Chinese made crap) and doing an all out swap of all coolant hoses in red.
What are the hose diameter sizes for upper, lower and the smaller lines please?
many thanks.

7A733050-D95F-4949-B122-530F52DC6C0C.jpeg

Last edited:

Glider

lines around the heater core are 5/8". If you want, I can drain my coolant and remove all the hoses to measure them for you.
You shouldn't have to do all that yourself. I'll volunteer my unit for measurement and provide new hoses to go back on. Just let me know when to drop it off.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silicone hoses are not ideal for coolant, they pass a small amount of water through them so over time you will need to add make up coolant.
Also you will need to use special clamps and they do not seal well at the connections.

Eslurf

Silicone hoses are not ideal for coolant, they pass a small amount of water through them so over time you will need to add make up coolant.
Also you will need to use special clamps and they do not seal well at the connections.
Special clamps? Never heard of that before. I’ll have to do more research.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Special clamps? Never heard of that before. I’ll have to do more research.
I believe that’s why they don’t recommend silicone for fuel lines. They shore do look purdy though. They will never weep enough to make a difference in coolant levels if you do routine maintenance.
Clamps have metal all the way around so the slots don’t contact the silicone if I remember correctly

Eslurf

Thanks Mogman.

Just ordered RED silicone coolant hose for the upper from Pegasus. The upper hose diameter is 1 5/8th with a 45 degree bend and 4 inch leg on each side.

Also ordered ‘worm drive’ clamps.

445B2A30-76F2-4FB4-82DE-D9A89B1C9975.jpeg
0A6EB2FC-25F2-4196-B0B8-0CB96A404238.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks